Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Perks of Traveling

One of the perks of traveling (one of the only perks of traveling for work):
Tonight I get to watch the West Highland Dog Show and I don't have Hubby flipping through channels whenever I blink. Let's face it, gorgeous dogs are gorgeous dogs and these dogs are gorgeous (except for the one with dreads, they are weird looking - I think they are called Pouli). So I get to sit and watch, currently I am rooting for the Golden Retriever, she's an attractive dog.

My favorite dogs could all live at the Fuzzy Animal Farm: Great Pyrenese, Newfoundland, German Shepherd, Border Collie, Otter Hound (pictured to the right, is that dog not the cutest?), Bernese Mountain dogs, Golden Retriever, Labs, Papillons (I know, one of these dogs is not like the others but when a papillon bounces around I giggle and they are a smart little dog), and mutts, I love mutts.
These dogs I Could live with: Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Rotweillers, Bassett Hounds, Cocker Spaniesl, Irish Wolfhounds, Corgis
Not my favorite (like, please never give me one of these dogs because I may never ever forgive you): German Short Haired Pointer, Shetland Sheepdog .
Here is a picture of or dear sweet dog, aka our other child, aka our princess:
She is another perk about traveling. She always is so excited to see me when I get home, if it is one night or 2 weeks she is crazy happy to see me. I know I am missed when I walk in the door with Jenise in our home. When I am home working (or playing computer games) she lays at my feet eventhough it isn't very comfortable for her just so she can be near me.
It turns out Hubby is actually allergic to her (and probably all dogs but this is a 100 lbs of fur, it is more obvious with this dog and her fur). I doubt we will ever have more than 1 dog due to the allergies, Claritin can only help so much. We figured out Hubby is allergic to cats and dogs recently and my response was 'sounds like you need a good allergy medicine' because I am not living without critters. I would rather get daily root canals then live without pets (and no, I wouldn't say I would rather get rid of Hubby than the pets...usually).

No comments: