Monday, October 20, 2008

Vacation is Over

I didn't really have a long vacation, I just haven't posted for 3 months. Vacation was great. We got 6 inches of rain in 6 days, played copious amount of backgammon, ate copious amounts of lobster and took care a remarkably sick little girl (who then shared with the rest of us, she is so sweet). Kara took this picture of me and her husband. We both had lobster in front of us, how could we not smile like fools?
Since the end of July I have been really busy with work, my  husband has also been really busy with work and my daughter has been really busy with school. She has this passion to write books right now which is pretty cute. She keeps getting these great opening lines like 'On April 17th I was born. and. died' (that one is about a ghost). Another one was 'Who knew a Friday could be such an adventure?' That is the opening to a memoir. 
Since the end of July I have also been told that I am not insurable. I have a blood disorder that I inherited from my mom that has never been treated and never given me any complications but insurance companies won't insure me because of it. I have about a 5% higher chance of getting a blood clot than the average Josephine and that makes me uninsurable. So stupid.
I brought my brother to see David Byrne a few weeks ago. The concert was fantastic. If he comes to your town, go see the concert. Between the choreography and the set list, we were in heaven. My brother turns 40 in 2 weeks. Aren't we just getting old.
My dog continues a slow decline. She is becoming incontinent and can't get down stairs anymore. The other night I actually slept with her on her bed. She is alert and happy and doesn't seem to be in pain, she just isn't moving well.
The elections are pretty exciting. James Taylor came to Asheville and played a free concert for a Obama Rally. It was great. Asheville is an Obama strong hold. He came a few weeks ago and there were reports that up to 30000 people came to the rally. The city population is only 75000. It is pretty cool to live in a battleground state. I grew up in a very blue state and then lived in NC which has been a pretty red state. A storm is brewing in North Carolina, and it is exciting. With that said, I wish the elections were OVER. 
Does anyone really believe that there are actually undecided voters at this point? Seriously...
Finally, I have been having a ton of fun on Facebook these days. I posted some youthful pictures and all sorts of commenters have popped up out of the woodwork. Such a blast.

PS - I changed my banner for the first time ever. That is the city I currently work in. I am pretty sure that is the buiding I work in. Pretty cool...

8 comments:

Mrs Big Dubya said...

I'm with you -- I'm not sure you should be allowed to vote if after this 2+ year campaign you still don't know who you want to vote for -- I'll be glad when it's DONE!

Nice banner :)

Arwen said...

Thanks for the update!! It's good reading your post. I bet your daughter's stories are incredible. Stories created by children are often the most creative and inspiring.

Also, I know a ton of people who are slowly shifting to Obama from McCain due to the recent economic turmoil as well as the debates. I say let's give those shifters a few more days so that we can really clinch the election.

Kara said...

I love that roomies picture. i love you guys and i am missing you all like crazy. I might be driving down in March- I'll call from the highway so T can start mixing my drink...

Kate said...

wow, that is a fancy banner! nice to see a blog post slacker.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Good lord. I really do have to join Face Book don't I?

Pinterest Failures said...

Glad you are back! Sassy banner too!

Girlplustwo said...

jeez, where do i start?

ok, love the banner. also, that is bullshit about not being insured. all the more reason we need change. it's close now.

ok, lastly, you are adorable and the boy? he's a fox.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe there are undecided voters. I am one of them. The prospect of no check on Nancy Pelosi & the rest of the democratically controlled Congress scares me.

Likewise, I don't believe McCain will be able to serve his full term and Governor Palin as President scares me. Apparently, I am unAmerican. I am educated. I do not drop my 'gs.