While I was waiting in security I was looking at everyone around me. Miami is a great airport to people watch, lots of tragically hip Europeans and uptight American mothers with very tan children. The Miami airport has the entrance to security next to the exit of the secure area so while you wait in line you can watch families re-united. Today was no different than any other day; families wait patiently for their loved ones to emerge. There are sweet little girls dressed up and men with flowers.
Suddenly one of the little girls, she might have been five, starting screaming 'Daddy Daddy!' and was incredibly emotional: crying while she screamed it.
And then she ran into the secure area.
Her father swooped her up amid the alarms blaring and TSA and police officers going into full attack mode. Suddenly everyone settled down and settled down quickly. I glanced toward where the commotion was occurring and I saw the father, in full fatigues holding his little girl tightly as he emerged from the secure area. Around him were a number of other soldiers, clearly happy to be home too. I am not sure there was a dry eye in the security line after watching that.
I hope the little girl isn't arrested for entering the secure area illegally since it is a felony.
3 comments:
That is really sweet.
or dry eyes in your readers, either.
I think missing your Dad is a good defense.
Post a Comment