Friday, February 09, 2007

Sviatoslav Richter

I am stressed out right.
My job is very hard right now.
My family situation is painful because...well...my family knows how much I love them and how painful it is to know we will lose someone. I can't say more about this. Sorry.
And then I go to Yahoo and they have a video of Sviatoslav Richter . This is not my favorite piece that he has done, Rachmoninoff piano concerto #2 is, but there he is playing better than a gazillion people will ever be able to play reminding me that I am human. Look at how fast his fingers move. The video isn't speeded up. He is just that skilled.
I realize that what I can do is nothing compared to that. I also realize that he is just human too, there is shit I can do that he couldn't. I can remember to wind my watch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you play?

That, and I'm sorry about whatever painful crap you are going through.

Anonymous said...

oy. sorry. hugs.

~E

Kristen said...

Oh, man. I hope things ease up soon.

Granny said...

I love the Rach 2, no matter who is playing it.

Did you have a link to the video you were talking about? I'm such a goon sometimes but I couldn't find it.

I'm sorry about your family situation, whatever it is.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey! I'm sorry. Reach out and grab this virtual hug I'm sending you.

Bimbo said...

I wish they let us use crayons on Blogger. I'd draw a big, crooked, wonky looking pink heart right here. It would be crappy and you would love it like I love you.