I just went to Disney and ran 13.1 miles in less than 3 hours. I did this to raise money for leukemia research, and I did this as an excuse to hang out with the Cape Buffalos, and I did this to get in shape.
There were three of us who ran and we raised almost $12,000.
We had a great time with buffalos (Noodle and Baby Buffalo are tight and it is pretty adorable to watch them play). We got to ride rides and swim so it was pretty fun.
I can run 13 miles so I think I am in shape except I have to say that I now have an on going issue with my fibula dislocating which can be managed by taping my leg. I have to actually get in better shape (more muscles around the knee) to really fix the issue. So I am in better shape and in worse shape, but I have a plan to get in better shape.
A lot has happened in the last few weeks that I will probably never even blog about but I want to shout out to Disney for a few things they do well:
1. We were able to by-pass the check in at Orlando airport which was a mad house. Disney actually has it set up that you can check in at their resorts. This makes life so much easier when traveling.
2. Disney has a great pool for kids at the Saratoga Resort, which is where we were staying. It has a cool slide and it is pretty shallow and warm.
3. Disney transports people around effortlessly. We got everywhere using Disney transportation and waited very little.
4. The rollercoaster in frontierland is still really fun. The water ride at animal kingdom is really wet. The tower of terror is stomach wrenching. Mission accomplished. If we ever go back I am going on all three again.
Here is what they need to work on:
1. Get the wait times for their new ride 'Everest' to under 80 minutes. Even better, how about under 45? Please?
2. Stop saying 'welcome home' to us. We aren't home. If we were home then it be ok for us to wander naked into the restaurant kitchen and guzzle chocolate milk from the container. Could you imagine Hubby walking naked around a Disney resort in the middle of the night searching for the fridge with the chocolate milk in it? Would security welcome him home then? Because, without disclosing too much of our home life, that's what our home is like at 2 in the morning. Also, as one of the buffaloes pointed out, we would never decorate our home the way they decorate their hotel rooms. It is bland on bland with some strange faux finishes.
3. The food at the parks still suck ass. All the snacks are fine but the meals are kind of gross. The best thing we found was a noodle joint in futureland. The worst, by far, is the main restaurant in princess world (I forget what that area is really called but it is full of princess crap).
4. Quit with the fucking themes. This year it is something like 'where dreams live' or something like that. I don't know about you but I have bizarre dreams that almost always have something about my paranoia or my many neurosis (the most recent one I had was that I was disqualified from the race last weekend because a character from 'Heroes' teleported me out of the race and I had to actually run 17 miles instead of 13 to finish the race. Eventhough I finished the race within the allowed time I was disqualified. I don't know if there is a teleporter hero but I do know that you would get disqualified if you were teleported during the disney half-marathon and you were in my dream). My dreams don't need to live in Disney, they are doing a fine job freaking me out in my own brain. Disney doesn't need a theme. They need a new ride every few years. Not everyone loves Disney but every kid in America should go and have the experience and since new kids are still being born, Disney will always have a market.
5. What happened to Mr Toad's Wild Ride? It is much cooler than the new Pooh ride.
Overall, I had fun. Kara and her family are really great people (She can make anything fun - I need her to come with me next time I get a root canal).
I get to go back to the grind, back to the fast food restaurant world where I can read blogs but not comment and dream of my next job. I hope everyone has had a happy new year so far, I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
So, are you sending Disney your suggestions? I think it is good you had positive feedback first. If I had known Trey walks around naked at 2:00am, I would have made popcorn and stayed awake the last time I stayed with y'all. I wish a friend like Kara on everyone. I have one, she makes watching water boil fun!! Lots of changes in January, everyone take your vitamins.
KUB
Good for you guys!
Send pictures.
The 'lil Dubya LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the pool at Saratoga when we were there in September -- he actually cried everytime he walked into he hotel room because it wasn't the pool. He also loved standing out on that little balcony in his diaper -- it was way cute.
Congrats on the race -- well done!
Congratulations on the race/run. That's a lot of money.
Nice review of "the happiest place on earth." Does all the food still cost a fortune too?
Congratulations - sounds like the race went really well!! Disney sounds like it was fun over all, too.
I'm glad you can stop hurting yourself now :P Congradulations though, that is a HUGE accomplishment and I'm damn proud of you. BTW, I am so not taking my kid to Disneyland until after she gets over her damn princess/pink phase, or maybe she can go with her dad. I'd rather have a root canal - they only last a couple of hours, while pretty pink princess world would be an entire day of screaming agony. Unless they have a nightmare b4 xmas section for a breather?
~E
You go with your bad self! Congrats!
PS: And you do know that you HAVE to take off a day for every mile you ran...so you can't exercise, do housework, cook...you get the idea for AT LEAST 14 days! =)
My word verify is "smenita" hehehe.
Congratulations on running the race and raising money. I definitely couldn't have done it.
Congrats on the race, although we all knew you'd kick ass.
And Mr. Toad is gone? that's just wrong. That was better than anything outside of AdventureLand
Woohoo!!! Congratulations on raising so much, and finishing in such great time.
Post a Comment