Remember this post?
Wait...stop...You are probably asking yourself: She decides to start posting again to talk about her moustache? WTF?
Well, FO. I am a vain, vain woman.
I read all the advice and some people emailed me privately too to talk about women's facial hair and I thought about it and fretted about it and thought about it some more and decided to call my trusted aesthetician and get it removed.
Today was the body maintenance day: I started with a nice trip to the OB-GYN (I love my doctor) and finished with a trip to the waxer. I have to admit, with the exception of my husband, I have never been a fan of people poking and prodding me.
I remember when I went to the third trimester of my pregnancy the doctor wanted to see me every week and said, quite honestly "don't you think that's sort of overkill?" When they were done laughing they scheduled me for every week until I gave birth.
So my OB-GYN poked and prodded and gave me a perscription for pain killers and sleeping pills (did I mention I like her?). The one thing I don't like about her is that she is really overly careful so I get to get a mamogram and a uterine ultrasound. Blah. Whatever. She gave me sleeping pills.
Next to my lovely waxer. Now I have to admit I get a littel freaked out about waxers. Last year around this time I informally interviewed my friends about Brazillians. The metro girls, especially those without little baby girls, thought they were great. And then one other woman thought they were great and she lives in the hills of Mendocino county, CA but she is a little nuts so I ignored her input. My friends in suburban areas or who had small girls thought brazillians were kind of sick. sick. End of story. I get a little freaked out about men who want to sleep with women who are as bald as pre-pubescent girls. I get a little freaked out about woman who want to resemble pre-pubescent girls. It's just me. Rant over.
My waxer has always been great, she does facials, she makes my eyebrows look perfectly un-manicured. I told her about the moustache and she said she could help. She is a smart woman. First she reshaped my eyebrows (they are perfect). Then she started in on my upper lips issues.
Remember the 40 Year old virgin?
Like this?
or this?
It was worse. It was horrible. It was painful and awful and horrible.
Besides that we have had a nice week: champagne. work. family. presents. running. yahoo towers. cleaning.
Same old, same old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Did you yell "Connie Chung"?
ouch, ouch, ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told you shave the two hairs you have!
oh man...ow. Ow, ow, ow. You're brave. I hate people poking and prodding me too - I would have probably run screaming from someone wanting to wax my upper lip. Just writing that made me flinch a little.
So I'm sitting here thinking, "You know, I haven't been to Arwen's blog in a while...I should stop by and see what she's been up to. I love reading about her life."
RIIIIIIP
I hope you're all smooth and shiny! I guess. ;-)
Actually, i voted muffin top. Full Brazilians freak me a bit since I do have a little girl, but YEAH muffin tops! (BTW, this is the crazy friend from NorCal, and I'm not just a little nuts, I'm seriously obversely odd). Having long shaggy hair not only looks ungroomed, it's a friction issue. Tons of hair seriously increases drag and reduces sensation. *grin* OK, I've officially wierded everyone out, so I've done my job. For the record, I tweeze my moustache, thank gawd it's blonde so far. I also have to go have my eyelashes tinted this week - my personal favorite treatment.
You can have any floral arrangement you want by using the depilatory (spelling fecked) creams sold online or in the adult toy stores. They're like Nair or Neet but for sensitive areas.
Life is good.
How long is it supposed to last? I've contemplated it, but you've got me kinda freaked out now :)
Just the thought sends cold chills up and down my spine.
You're far braver than I and I'm very grateful to be so blond.
I did not yell 'Connie Chung,' it was more like 'Oh, helllllll!'
I am afraid if I shave it will look more like my legs. Ugh.
Remembering the experience makes me flinch.
Shiny. smooth. rethinking my vanity.
the idea of a daisy hairline down by my crotch is actually kind of funny. I will see what hubby thinks.
it should last 5 - 12 weeks and be thinner and softer when it grows in.
I should mention the aesthetician (Rebecca), did roll her eyes when I went in about how little moustache hair I had.
Post a Comment