Monday, November 27, 2006

A Week In Review

I want to start by letting everyone know that I meant to blog last week, I have so much to blog about it is sickening.
But I was on vacation and vacation means playing yahoo towers relaxing, and not thinking about something marginally witty to post about.
To paraphrase what happened in the last week:

1. On Sunday I once again proved I will not win any awards for parenting since I slammed my daughters fingers in the trunk of my car. Stomach turning, nausea inducing, bad parenting at its finest.
I saw me closing the trunk, I saw her fingers going into that spot right between the bumper and the trunk as I slammed the trunk down. I saw NOT being able to stop it. I hit the trunk open button immediately and grabbed her and hugged and wished I could move back 30 seconds in time. She calmed down before I did, she told me 'it's ok Mom, it was an accident.' And her fingers are fine and we have a new rule: don't go near the trunk when Mom is near the trunk. I still feel like a crappy mom.

I know this is nothing like this story but I am not in that class of bad parenting. Yet.
2. The day before I slammed Noodle's fingers I got a new car. One with a trunk. I call it Boyfriend, Hubby calls it Gray. Probably only Kara gets the irony there. On Saturday I ran 6 miles (for the half marathon training... like I have to remind you) in 60 minutes. 10 minute miles. It hurt. I am better now. Yoga helped. We ran on the Hard Times trail and it was gorgeous.
3. On Friday I test drove cars. Hybrids. We got a hybrid. We love our hybrid. I love my hybrid. It has leather seats and XM and very low emmissions. Leather heated seats. Yummy.
4. Thursday: not much. Raked leaves with Noodle and jumped into leaf piles. Oh, I also ran a 5 k in 31 minutes. And we made turkey soup.
5. Wednesday is its own post (already written and everything!)
6. Tuesday I got wonderful news. It will be in another post, can't post about it now, I will post when I get some final things nailed down. But its good. I am happy. We are happy. I am not pregnant.
7. Monday I kept Noodle home from school. It didn't snow but you can't be too careful.
8. Sunday we had a wonderful Thanksgiving party with good friends and family. We ate organic turkey and butter laden stuffing. There were as many desserts as entrees. I love dessert. It was lovely.
9. Saturday I didn't run because my knees hurt. I can't remember what else I did.

Back to the grind. Back to work. Back to the Fast Food world and the ERP system we are implementing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when you felt the need to clarify "I am not pregnant."

Anonymous said...

Wait - Maybe that IS the good news!

Jenn said...

I'm just impressed you knew how to open the trunk so quickly on a new car. Mama guilt is the worst.

Kristen said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy. Congrats on the new car!! Pictures?

(Sorry about Noodle's fingers...ouch. She must be a tough kid.)

CroutonBoy said...

In the trunk? BAD, BAD Arwen.

And congrats on not being pregnant!

Anonymous said...

What kind of hybrid? They do take sometime to get used to new ways of driving.

Anonymous said...

"I am happy. We are happy. I am not pregnant."

Sprayed Diet Coke out my nose with that one.

Anonymous said...

I know that horrible mommy guilt/nausea feeling you get when hurt your child accidentally. Not that I've ever done that. Nope, I'm perfect. ;)

Congrats on the new boyfriend. He sounds dreamy! And I read that freezer story last week on another site. Mind-boggling stupidity. Really, it makes my brain hurt to think how someone could possibly think that's the best way to deal with a feverish baby. Apparently someone else needs a new boyfriend, too, and not of the hybrid variety.