Wednesday, September 27, 2006

TV Meme

OK, Mel-J just tagged me for a meme that lists my top 20 favorite TV people. I am not sure I can get 20 TV characters because I don't watch that much TV so I am going to change it a little to media characters or people. This is in no order. Tease away because even though Mel-J thinks I am cool, I am actually an uber-geek.

1. The Simpsons (does this count as one or 5?).
2. Snuffleupagus before he was outed.
3. Angel
4. Buffy
5. Dr Who (pretty much all variations but CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON....well, Hubby knows who his competition is)
6. Stephen Colbert
7. Jon Stewart
8. Nancy Botwin on Weeds (the Mary Louise Parker character)
9. Andy Botwin on Weeds
10. Joy Turner on My name is Earl
11. Garrison Keiller
12. Robert Siegel on All Things Considered. I met him once and I told him his voice is one of the calming things in my world (he thanked me)...and then we talked about baseball.
13. Keith Olbermann (this may make me a
fag hag but probably my actual friendships with gay men would do that more).
14. Tina Fey doing anything.
15. Jim on the Office
16. My friend Lynn is a subject matter specialist for On the Money on MSNBC and she is one of my favorite people in the world.
17. Entourage - all those boys are fun to watch, it's a group thing.
18. Tony Soprano
19. Animal from the Muppets
20. Lucy Liu on Ally McBeal

Ok, that was really hard.

8 comments:

Kara said...

Mmmm, Office Jim. Yummy.

Kristen said...

You met Robert Siegel!? That is awesome. I agree, his voice is very, very calming.

I think half of your list would be on mine, with the addition of Scully and Mulder (X-Files) and Luca on ER.

Minnesota Nice said...

Jon Stewart for President :)

Minnesota Nice said...

Wait. WHOA. Where was I when Snuffy got outed? Are you serious??

Arwen said...

Yeah, Snuffy is no longer a secret. Everyone knows him and he just isn't the same. He was my secret with big bird.
Jon can be my president any day. He is just so funny. And I love Colbert too, he is so good at being conservative.

Granny said...

I'd have to think hard about this one. I'm in a rut with the crime shows (CSI, L&O, etc.) and could probably pick up my entire list between the original shows and the spinoffs.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Snuffy...great choice! Yeah, I liked it better when only Big Bird could see him. Great list, and you're still cool. :)

Andie D. said...

I'm so out of it I thought that you meant Snuffy was KICKED OFF Sesame Street. Outed! Duh.

Great list! I'd have to add Carrie Bradshaw, Mr. Big, and Miranda Hobbes from Sex in the City. I still love that show, and watch reruns whenever I can. I even own the 1st three seasons. And I want the rest. I got into the show after a few seasons, and was hoooooooked. The show has made me laugh out loud, cry, think.

Hi, I'm Andie and I'm a loser. Geesh.