skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ketchup? I didn't know I was behind!
Noodle has been telling jokes. They usually aren't funny. We have been told it is an important part of the five year old development. We really laugh when they are funny and try to ignore acknowledge the unfunny ones. One Friday she got a bunch of folders we are supposed to check daily. One of them had a piece of paper that we are supposed to write down all the books we read with her every day. It also said we should read to her at least 10 minutes a day. WTF? How about an hour a day? I know that we have a good life that we can read with our child a lot and sit with her while she watches TV to explain stuff but 10 minutes a day isn't reading, it's warming up your jaw. Moreover (I am jumping up on the soap box now) I can't imagine people would be so busy that they can only find 10 minutes a day to read to their child. We already filled up the page and that is with reading A Cricket in Times Square. She loved it. I love that she likes chapter books. No wonder American kids are considered stupid if they are only being read to for 10 minutes. Her class only has one gym class a week but has something called guidance twice a week. What is guidance? I need to ask the teacher. Hubby thinks it may be politically correct programming which is a bit scary since Charles Taylor is our congressman (fortunately Heath Shuler will probably beat him this November).
San Francisco update: we found a condo, it has ocean views. I am going there next week to sign papers and meet with contractors and whatnot. I won't get to see one of my best friends while there but I will get to see some other good friends so that will be cool. So I closed up my mom's house, sold it and bought a condo for my step-father. I like when I reduce stuff in my life. This is a nice thing to no longer have over me.
Running update: I am up to 4.5 miles on the treadmill. I feel like I can get to 13 miles by January. I still haven't lost ANY weight. Argh. I do feel great about how far I can run but I wish I could lose a little weight.
Hubby Update: His beautiful project is under contract. Yeah! If he could sell 4 of those a year I could quit my job. Maybe next year.
Job Update: I go back to work the first week of September. Maybe I will get laid off and get a nice severance package.
2 comments:
Both of my kids think this joke is hilarious:
"Knock Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Apple."
That is the whole joke. Sometimes other fruit is also at the door. I don't get it.
Bryce always screws up knock knock jokes, too.
And now I feel guiltier for not reading more to the kids. I probably only read to them about 10-15 minutes a day. I think I'll blame John for this one, though. Yeah, sounds like a good plan.
Post a Comment