I know, I am not supposed to be online. I am at Starbuck's using the wifi so that I can figure out where to bring the double garage's worth of knicknacks my mother had. I am not kidding. And there is some office furniture.
Scituate dump isn't open today or tomorrow and we leave friday. The town of Scituate has made it basically impossible for me to get a dunp sticker (that expired on June 30th) even if they were open.
I also have conjunctivitis in my left eye so I look really weird.
In 48 hours this will all be taken care of no matter how it ends. I will be on a plane to home and I will never have to come back to Boston again, if I chose to do that...which I wouldn't but I will not have a familial burden here anymore.
In case anyone is wondering - I hate knicknacks. My mom had hundreds.
I love pictures. I love pictures of my family. My mom has thousands. I kept almost all of them.
My mom had pictures of my 4 major boyfriends and me. I kept the pix where I looked good. Kara asked if I noticed the pattern of the 4 major boyfriends (3 had blond hair and a ponytail, one didn't...guess which one I married).
Some of my daughter's best friends live in the Boston area. At 5-6 years old they play so well together and we are all amazed. All we have had to do is hold their hands as they cross the street. They do their own thing otherwise.
Mojitos made with tequila are good. I can't drink rum. That was the alcohol in highschool that I overdid one night.
My brother and husband and friends are amazing.
I really miss my mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, you've been busy! Good luck finding a place for all those knickknacks...I utterly dread the day I have to go through my parents house (I'm thinking with a flamethrower).
Hope you eye gets better!
Oh, honey. I got all teary at the end.
And the tequila mojito is BRILLIANT. I, too, cannot drink rum. Rum bad. Veeeery bad.
Have a good trip home.
wow, kids who play well with your own are AWESOME. Wish I knew some of those...
I hope you got rid of those knick knacks... ugh. I don't like them either.
Post a Comment