Monday, July 10, 2006

Ugh

I was going to blog about my last week of frivolity (a sort of jewish, very italian wedding, 2 Uhauls of trash from my mom's house, one Uhaul of Goodwill items... knickknacks anyone? and forgetting to have a check ready for the movers) but all I am really thinking about right now is that for the first time in 10 years I don't have a paycheck.
No money.
Nada dinero.
Oye.
I realized this when I took a class at the YMCA after dropping Noodle off and I was the only one there under the age of 50 (excluding the instructor). And, all the 50 year olds had eating disorders. I was by far the chubbiest one there. I realized during the class that although I do not want to work outside the home right now, I do not belong with the LOL's working out to YMCA and and Brickhouse. I exercised through the first of a few minor panic attacks of the day and came home to do laundry and organize. Although I spent over an hour organizing I can't show you where.

Last week I went on a little bender, more of a bender in theory than practice since I told people I was on a bender but really rarely had more than 2 drinks a night. I decided last night would be the end of the bender (we closed up the house more or less in good shape and are ready for the moving truck to get here and I paid the moving company so the bender needed to come to end, right?). Last night was one night too early to end my bender. Too much anxiety today...must self medicate.
So far my biggest plan for the next few weeks is to get Noodle to school by 8 am since that is when school starts in August. Right now she wakes up at 8:30 so I have my work cut out for me.
I should probably do some other soul searching but I am not going to until the house in Boston sells.

Shameless promotion for the week: Sam's club has started selling organic yogurt by the 12 pack for 30% less what we pay at the regular supermarket. We eat 12 of those a week so we are happy. We can eat 12 yogurts a week easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay you young whipper snapper, try and remember between the self medications that I am one of those LOL over 50 that sometimes hangs out at the Y! We are just trying to keep up with our Grandchildren!!
You better get busy doing all those millions of things you think about when you are at work wishing you were at home doing because your "leisure time" is going to fly buy and you are going to beat yourself up that you didn't take more advantage of it when you move onto the next stage of your life.Which, you will! Your blog is a scream, I watched the whole YMCA video.
Hugs,
KUB
now get going!

Kristen said...

Money sucks. Definitely don't end the bender.

Anonymous said...

Darlin', you take it easy on yoursel funtil that house sells. Tell your inner critic to fuck off and take a flying leap off a flea-ridden cross-eyed donkey's back. You have plenty of stress - just acknowledge it and recognize it and let it go. If you keep having panic moments I'm going to come out there and kick your butt and then send you back to work for a week. Wasn't the whole POINT to de-stress for a little while? If you're stressed out at home too, that's mmmbad mmkay? I'll call later. meanwhile, kick your inner critic for me! Spraypaint the bloody bugger bright aqua! Duct tape it to the bathroom wall! *evil grin*