Monday, July 31, 2006

All Princesses Need Crowns

Did I mention I need a crown? It is not because I am a princess (although I am) but I do hope it is pretty and gold with diamonds and rubies. We went to the dentist today and the dentist was shocked I wasn't in abject pain. Then I noticed the weird dull throb in my mouth. I think it may be psychosomatic. Tomorrow I get to have a crown. No root canal (that he mentioned) but a crown because one of my teeth is actually cracked and about to fall apart. I may have to have another child to pay for the crown, even with insurance it is VERY pricy, for the amount it costs it should come with diamonds and rubies.
Noodle loves our dentist. She has a loose tooth. She giggled the whole time she was in the chair. Her giggling was infectious.

Did I mention I think my kid is pretty amazing? Tomorrow for show and tell she is going to tell everyone about her car accident and how scary it was. If that isn't enough, she said she would show everyone her loose tooth.

Did I mention I get to see Tom Waits in less than 48 hours? No? I get to see Tom Waits in less than 48 hours! I am so excited. Giddy, to be exact.

Did I mention I had a sit down with the education director of her pre-school to talk about safety so she doesn't get gunned down? WTF? How screwed up is the world that not only do I worry about this for my daughter BUT the director could talk with me about it and make perfect sense and even discuss what they are doing to to provide safety and increase it. what is really scary is that I suggested bullet proof glass for the windows that open up to the pre-school area and she thought that was a good idea. How insanely crazy it that that we have to worry about this and think about it and figure out how to to ensure our pre-schoolers from GUN violence?

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!

5 comments:

Granny said...

It's a crazy world. A teenager was gunned down behind one of our elementary schools a few days ago and another behind our mall.

I don't worry so much about little kids being attacked as I do about them being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Bulletproof windows may not be such a bad idea.

Kara said...

i work at a school with an open campus... and there has been a serial rapist making the rounds of the area where i live for a few years: he goes after women entering their cars or homes.

The world is messed up. Thankfully, I don't worry much about someone shelling my town. I live in a pretty boring place.

Kristen said...

Eek...good luck with the crown!! OUCH.

Bulletproof windows on the pre-school area IS a good idea. And yes, it's horrible that we even have to think about it - but it would be more horrible if we didn't, and then something happened. *shudder*

Heather said...

TOM WAITS? No wonder you are not in Pain!! I'd be over the moon. Sorry to hear about the dental woes. They always suck...but in less than 48 hours all your probelms will be taken care of LOL!

Minnesota Nice said...

Tom Waits - I'm so jealous!!!! The man is sheer genius. I feel drunk just thinking about him.