Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Classic Poem Revisited

I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war
Where everyone hugs, Instead of tugs
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug
Where everyone kisses, And everyone grins, And everyone cuddles, And everyone wins.
-- Shel Silverstein

my version:
I will not play at mommy wars
I'd rather drink at sleazy bars
where everyone's tipsy, instead of lippy
where everyone's singing
and just kind of dippy
where everyone smiles, and and everyone's thin and except for our livers, everyone wins.

8 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVE THIS! I love that we're thin and tipsy and that the only thing getting hurt is our livers.

I think this would be the PERFECT world.

Martinis for everyone!

Jen said...

Wait, I'm coming! I've called my cab!

I especially love the thin part.

Kristen said...

This is great - as you know, I don't play at the mommy wars either. *And* I like being tipsy! Perfect!

Minnesota Nice said...

You just described Utopia!

Kara said...

okay, i'm on my way, too. what can i bring?

Granny said...

Great poem and thanks for your comments on granny

Anonymous said...

Oi! Amen! Me too!

Anonymous said...

Shel would be so proud of you! He was a favorite of ours when Kate was little! I bet your current version would be a favorite with her now! Just bring on the southern martini girls. I mean women. Whatever!!!
KUB