
Appropriate for Valentine's: Sad, Crazy and Depressing Love Songs
1. Crazy by Patsy Cline (of course, there are a few others we could add)
2. Martha by Tom Waits (or anything on Closing time or Heart of Saturday Night)
3. Love Letter by Allison Krauss (of course, all non-religious music of hers could be added too)
4. Train in Vain by The Clash (in some ways the perfect break up song from one of the best albums ever)
5. Love's Recovery by Indigo Girls - "Meanwhile our friends we thought were so togetherThey've all gone and left each other in search of fairer weather" - yep, depressing chick music)

6. Jane Says by Jane's Addicition - Proof that chicks are crazy, even those originally male
7. Exile in Guyville by Liz Phair - Angst, angst, angst
8. Why Do I Lie? by Lucious Jackson - More proof chicks are crazy
9. I've been Loving You Too Long by Otis Redding - Sometimes I hear this song and just start crying
10 When Love Breaks Down - Prefab Sprout "When love breaks down, The things you doTo stop the truth from hurting you" This song idn't effect me until I started travelling and for the last 5 years it has made me cry on Wednesday nights, but then again, lots of things make me cry on Wednesday nights.
11. Listening Wind by Talking Heads - Ok, not really a love song but but really depressing and ethereal
PS -I always eat chocloate on Valentine's Day so I had to add it to the title
wait...
I eat chocolate every day
No comments:
Post a Comment