Let me digress: Jay (rolled J) is Noodle's term for Target, the evolution of it went like this:
Target to Tarjay (roll the the J like Jolie, tres franch...we have franch fries. And franch dressing. And franch bread. And to drink, ta-daaa. Perrooo). Where did the Better Off Dead quote come from?
My brain, my brain, oh what is rattling around up there?Tarjay became Jay (rolled J)
Not the be confused with the J, no rolled J, which is short for the JCC, which is short for the Jewish Community Center, which is where she goes to pre-school. We're not jewish but it is a 5 star pre-school and I want her to get the best education ever.
Ok, back to the story. the Jay (rolled J) had the new Stephen King book at 30% the cover price which is darn close to a paperback price (or so I tell myself) so I got a copy. I contemplated purchasing a new copy of Their Eyes Were Watching God too, which is one of my 5 favorite books of all time. If you haven't read it yet, RUN, don't walk and pick up a copy. Zora Neale Hurston is an amazing story teller. But I decided to wait for another day on that one because I can't have 2 books that I can't put down at the same time. My brain just might explode if I did that.
I think some book club in America just permanently banned me for putting a Stephen King book and a ZNH book in the same paragraph.
I get back to the hotel room and get a frozen burrito to eat for dinner and start reading.
And I keep reading
and I keep reading
and all of a sudden it is 2 am.
I really did need more than 4 hours of sleep and I blame Mr King, certainly not myself, for this episode of sleep deprivation. I will finish the book on the plane tonight but I really needed the sleep last night. This project is now in full swing and I have to work and need to be a little coherent.
BTW -Don't let the tagline of the book deter you from reading it, it is better than that. But it does have quite a bit of gratuitous violence in it so don't read it if you can't handle that. I don't want anyone emailing me that I told them about a book that gave them nightmares for weeks from the imagery.
After reading this blog I realize today may be a big challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment