Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Because I Always Wanted to be a Pollster

Look on the left side of my blog. I have a little poll over there. Yes, I am making you come to the blog instead of reading it in your reader. I am a harsh task mistress.

Today I sent money to Larry Kissell, who is running against Robin Hayes, a man who believes I am not a good American. I am sick of being told that because I am educated, I am elitist. I am sick of being told that my lack of religion makes me unamerican. I am sick of being told that liberals don't work hard or know what sacrifice means. So when I hear that someone says “liberals hate real Americans that work and accomplish and achieve and believe in God”  I do what I can to defeat that person. Since I can't vote against him, I give money to the person running against him.  I am educated. I am not Christian. I work my ass off. I take great pride in my family and my life. I am proud that America's strength is that we are allowed to think for ourselves and form our own opinions and vote accordingly, even if I don't always agree with how my fellow Americans vote. I take great offense when someone tells me I am unamerican because I don't believe what someone else believes. 
Have I mentioned that I can't wait until the election is over?
This is a picture of Noodle wearing my mother's cashmere sweater that I inherited when she passed. We were waiting for a homecoming parade that took place in Weaverville, NC. Noodle calls it the 'Mimi Hugs' sweater because it is so soft and snuggly and that's is how she wants to remember her grandmother, as soft and snuggly. I remember her that way too.

3 comments:

Girlplustwo said...

i got all excited about the poll and then i realized i am only third to vote. will be monitoring it and perhaps voting multiple times. kidding.

Mrs Big Dubya said...

I agree with you (look at that and I'm a conservative!!!)

You are a great American because you care enough to have an opinion -- you care enough to have an educated position -- you respectfully agree to disagree with those who came to a different position. To me, that's what this country is all about -- even though I don't agree with you, I can see where you are coming from.... and sometimes you even teach me something -- it doesn't change my mind, but it expands my understanding.... how can that be bad?

I'll be really glad when this election is over -- I probably won't be wild about the outcome, but at least all this media crap will be over...... until December when they start campaigning for 2012 UGH!

Arwen said...

I feel that right now we can't blame specifically either Obama or McCain, but would blame Republican ideologies. There's no vote for that, but if you make me I'll vote for McCain.