Thursday, November 15, 2007

Email

A few week's ago a colleague of mine had interviewed and passed over a consultant for a project she needed to staff. She found out after she passed over the individual that he had contacted her client and told the client he would be willing to save him money and cut out my friend's consulting group altogether. This is a serious no-no in the world of consulting, it's not just biting the hand that feeds you, it is stabbing you in the back and twisting it around a bunch. Moreover, it's a small world, and that kind of activity has long term effects because the people who interview and staff projects share names of the good and bad consultants. Basically the guy was a moron. It gets better though, he wrote my colleague an email letting her know how he felt about her. Please keep in mind they spoke on the phone for 20 minutes. Here is the email (names have been changed to protect the parties involved, the rest: grammar, syntax, style, have been unchanged for 'dramatic' effect):

Ms. X:

As I have been informed that you all are choosing to NOT go forward with me, it is time that I tell YOU something. While I wish you well, YOU are CARELESS, SOCIALLY-INEPT, ARROGANT and RUDE as depicted from the FACT that I get asked to contact you and when I do you appear out of it. I am not sure if you realize how FOOLISH you appear.Am I correct or am I correct!

Good luck as with your LOSER-style attitude you may need some serious luck!

PS, as tempting as it may be to respond -- I am blocking ur e-mail address so ANY and ALL messages from a SOCIALLY INEPT FREAK (like yourself) cannot be read. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR???

Surprisingly enough, she was not interested in responding, she was too busy laughing. How do you even respond to an email like that? I think maybe this person has some issues to work out.

6 comments:

Mrs Big Dubya said...

they let 8 year olds consult?

Granny said...

But he wishes her well!!

I'm rolling around on the floor laughing.

Erica said...

I'll hire him! To stack firewood, muck out animal pens and turn compost *evil grin*
~Hell

Arwen said...

It's hard to believe that there are people as unprofessional as that. Seriously, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around it because I'm laughing too damn hard!

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm speechless! Holy cow, and he's calling HER socially inept??

Just stopped by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I bet she is glad she didn't hire that one.

Wow.