I have now gone 36 hours without meat, alcohol, fat or chocolate.
This isn't easy. Mrs Big Dubya asked more about this diet and I will disclose all.
First, it would be great to lose weight doing this. I am heavier now than I have ever been and close to the weight I was when I birthed that sweet little girl of mine. But I don't think this will really help me lose weight.
Secondly, last fall, I literally overnight became lactose intolerant. Someone suggested cleansing my gut to see if it will solve the problem. I miss Ben. I miss Jerry. I miss Cabot. I miss pizza. I miss nachos. I can eat them but then my stomach was racked with pain for hours after. Goat cheese isn't as bad but I have sort of gotten sick of goats.
Third, I am a slug. I went from running a half marathon in January to barely being able to get out of bed. I hope this will give me a little energy.
So far it has given me a case of the Mondays.
The really positive effect I have noticed was that I woke up this morning and I wasn't hungry, I wasn't craving my half mug of caffeinated coffee, and I was feeling pretty good. So I went downstairs and juiced up a spinach salad: spinach, cucumber, celery and strawberries. It tasted really good. Hubby came down to voice his concern that I juiced before I coffeed. That's weird for me. I usually can't even put together a sentence before I at least smell coffee.
I drank down my salad and became really hungry.
Super hungry. Hungry like the monster in 'Spirited Away' that's eats everything.
So Noodle and I made strawberry pineapple juice. Manna. Seriously. The hardest thing about this fast is that there is no fasting involved. As soon as you feel a little hungry you drink something else, either water or juice.
Lunch was juiced gazpacho with cider vinegar and garlic (tasted like bloody mary mix).
Afternoon snack was raspberry lemonade with enough grapes to keep me from puckering my mouth in to the back of my head.
Dinner was another spinach salad with spinach, cucumbers and apples.
Tomorrow I am going to remove some of the fruit sugar I have been eating. Tomorrow is day 3 and that's the half way point. Tonight things got ugly when I watched the family eat sesame tahini marinated grilled salmon while I sipped my salad.
Tomorrow I will give references about where I came up with the fast.
If I can still put together sentences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a question. You can have caffeine but not alchohol?
Post a Comment