Today I started a juice cleanse. If I can juice it, I can eat it. As long as it is vegan and non-alcoholic. So far today I have had:
1 mug half caf coffee
a lot of water (glug)
4 apple juice boxes throughout the day
gazpacho - blended the way Kara likes it (no oil or breadcrumbs added)
a homemade juice of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes (this was dinner)
I need to add lemon water into the mix and cayenne and stuff like that. I have to do this for 5 days and then I can step food back into my diet.
I keep waiting for Hubby to ask me to brush my teeth before I kiss him. He HATES fruit. All fruit. Except I have seen him eat blueberry pancakes (about twice a year). People don't believe me when I tell them he won't eat any fruit. If there is a mango habenero salsa on our food I watch him push it off to the side. When there is a strawberry garnish on a plate of food I watch him cringe while he pushes it away with a fork he then won't eat with.
When I brought the green goddess juice home from the market he looked like he was going to cough up a hairball.
When Noodle and I brought our homemade juice into the living room he starting mouth breathing (I think he couldn't handle the smell of the berry juice thing we made).
Tomorrow I am going to come up with an exciting breakfast drink of spinach, strawberries and celery.
My life is getting pretty thrilling.

3 comments:
I'd like to learn more about this diet.....
Is it for weight loss? or just to improve general health?
Hate fruit??
What did his mama do to him that caused that!?
I think I could handle everything except the spinach. Unless it's in small doses and doesn't turn everything green.
It's just me. I don't like pea soup either.
Post a Comment