OJ - the juice, not the man. Although if I did actually find the man in the dairy case I wonder if he would have a pair of gloves that fit me, I need a new pair of gloves.
Gingerale - 7 & 7 sounds better, or maybe a nice red zin or even some pelligrino. I drink gingerale when I am sick. To even have it on the shopping list seems like some sort of defeat to sickness.
Hot dogs - yum, nitrates.
Buns - Hubby has some nice buns. Of course he doesn't actually like me to touch him when he is sick (I know how cantankerous he will be when he will be an old man, I face it today when he is sick) so all I get to do is think about his buns until he feels better again.
Ketchup - It's a vegetable for 5 year olds.
Velveeta - Shut up. Lysol - Watch as I disinefect the entire downstairs becuase 2/3's of us now are taking antibiotics. The third is not on them yet because he felt too sick to drive to the doctor today.
Cat Food - Always get cat food when at the supermarket. How can 3 cats each so much food? Maybe the hundred pound german shepherd has something to do with it...
World Peace - It may be at the supermarket, there is an entire row in the grocery store that has bird seed on one end and chewing tobacco on the other that I never go down. Maybe in the middle is world peace, somewhere between birdfood and chaw.
Pasta - We shop at Ingles. it is a local chain here in Asheville. If you go to what we call 'TWINGLES' they don't have pasta, the have noodles (on the sign above aisle). We normally shop at the 'NINGLES' or North Ingles which has pasta on the sign above the aisle (there is also a O'Tingles, a Singles, a Wingles and a Weengles, all based on location except the Twingles. All are location based except the Twingles, that is based on the third world nature of the market. Of course the pasta we buy at Ningles become noodles by the time we add them to soup.
Carrots - Chicken soup should have carrots in it
Chicken breast - Should I be worried that they are bigger than mine?
Pattios (aka Morningstar breaksfast patties) - see cat food except relpace three cats with one small child and food with pattios. The kid eats a lot of pattios (as do I).
Spring - Not spring rolls, or spring chickens, just spring. Spring, when we can open our doors and get the germs to go away for more than a day at a time.
2 weeks of a sick house and I think everyone in our house is ready for a change.
3 comments:
Flat gingerale is liquid love.
And, make sure you hit the railings, doorknobs, lightswitches and tv remote with Lysol. I know that sounds excessive and it's probably the last thing you want to do when you're sick but I swear those are the chief germ vehicles in a sick household... apart from breathing all over one another in close proximity.
that's it. i'm sending Hubby to you. You're obviously better at caring for the sick than i am.
This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a while.
Hope all of you feel better soon but it obviously hasn't affected your writing skills.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your uncle.
And the kitty of course. It's always hard to lose a beloved pet.
Post a Comment