Meanwhile back at the ranch Hubby and Noodle ate dinner to Chanukah candles and talked about Chanukah stuff. Now, on the first night we talked about the story itself. On the second night we talked about miracles. We all talked about things we felt were miracles in our lives (Noodle said she thought it was a miracle she was born...she doesn't know the half of it). On the third night we talked about things we are thankful for. Tonight, now that I am on the road, I bet they talked about stuff that burns: candles, oil, propane... you know, burning stuff.
Chanukah, the pyro's holiday.
I will have to find out if there was a theme for tonight beyond 'Gee, Mom's left over turkey is great.'
Come visit here on the 20th. Amy Guth will be here for her Chanukah Blog Tour and there will be a meme and maybe a mad game of dreidel.
PPS - Remember Numbnuts? He gave notice. Yeah! Miracles do happen, even in Corporate America!
1 comment:
Yeah...goodbye and good ridance. Or is that riddance?
I was at a Madrigal Dinner last night...thought of you and your family. I've always loved the Scandinavian custom of candles on a wreath worn by the oldest daughter. They didn't do that but something they did with candles reminded me of that tradition.
Aren't traditions the glue that holds us together?
♥Pam
Post a Comment