And everything was fine until this:

Yes, that is my very sexy leg. And yes, that is a HUGE run down the stocking. It didn't happen until I was here. That is my cube. What? You are interested in my current research location? Here you go:

Here is a view of the mountainous terrain (of strip malls) I am researching these days. I realize, as cube farms go, I am very fortunate to have a window view. 
This is the lighting I use while doing research.
This is my research station. The hat is for giving blood last Wednesday. The laptop is my evil laptop which has a bad video card. The lens case to the left of the laptop is for my anniversary present. Which I love.
Doesn't this beautiful photo op make all you stay at home parents want to throw your children in daycare and join corporate america?
8 comments:
Hmm, that lighting, that window... even the run in the stocking.. it all looks frighteningly familiar.
SIGH.
I need to bring a camera in and take pictures of my "office"
Yes, see at the level I'm at, I'm entitled to an office with a door (believe it or not such distinctions are made -- there are offices that do not have doors), but there were none of those available and being the newest person at my level.... I got the "office" that in my opinion isn't an office at all -- just a giant cube with floor-to-celing cube-walls and no windows.
I do have a little table and a couple of guest chairs -- that's something you also get at my level... see the people that have offices that have windows, but no door also have no table w/ chairs.....
It's all about status.... isn't corporate life grand?
Mmmm...looks exactly like where I work!
My office has glass walls, yes you heard me correctly...GLASS WALLS! And seeing that I'm up in BFA (Bum F' Artic) and freezing my ass off I find that I have to be careful...cause if I fart I tend to fog up those glass walls. =(
In a word, nope.
Thanks for the reminder.
I arrived when I graduated from a cube to an actual open space (which is how I started before the cubes took over). The next step up was an open space with a small bookcase (of books no one ever read).
Only VP's had offices at all. AVP's had the bookcases. I can't remember my title but I know I had one. Wow.
Do I miss all that now that I'm retired? In some ways, sure but overall not really.
no.
*grin*
Oh wait, I work fulltime now...on my feet. No wonder Chefs are like ballerinas, you rarely see one over 35....
~Hell
I love how we always have to clarify that our enormous runs happened "after we came in" as if people would think that we put them on that morning, saw the run, and decided to wear them anyway. Oh wait. I've done that too.
Post a Comment