
I am going to start with Rabun. She's 14, she's peanut butter and fluff colored and she doesn't really move off the big bed... except to eat. This is her on the big bed, in her spot, she was purring.
I then caught Hubby cleaning. We decided to clean the place today and that is only so much fun...but taking pictures of people cleaning is much funner than actually cleaning. That is our upstairs stairwell. Next to him in this picture is Noodle art. I love her art, it's all over the house. That is her picture called 6 feet. It's a picture where she painted her right foot 6 times and put it on a piece of paper (and the floor). Hubby, he's the most handsome guy in the world. To me. And that's what counts.After that I went downstairs and found Whoogums in the big chair blogging.
Whoogums is a funny cat, she's 19 years old. After my first semester of college she came home with me (with my mom's approval). She lived with my mom until my mom passed away. She then lived with my step father until this April and then she flew here to Asheville. Right now she is asleep next to me. Did I mention she is 19? She walks around the house caterwaulling. I think she might be senile and a little deaf. When she lived in Massachusetts she was sort of scary. We didn't let Noodle touch her because we were worried about her attacking Noodle. Now she is a total sweetheart. She loves to be pet and adored and is very sweet with Noodle. Her one downfall (besides caterwaulling at 3 in the morning) is that Hubby is exceptionally allergic to her. He is actually allergic to all animals in the house except Noodle and me (we think) but we won't get rid of any animals because we love them and Hubby can take Claritin.
So I went to the kitchen thinking I would mop the floor but Noodle was hopping about in puddles outside. That was too cute. Why mop the floor when I can watch my darling girl be silly? Didn't Molly Ivins have a poem about being human now and cleaning later? Some intersting female author has written about that (maybe all of them have - except Ann Coulter - she is interesting and I don't think I have ever wrote anything about her forgoing house cleaning for smelling flowers, taking pictures, chilling with family, whatever, it's not her style, or I haven't read enough). The picture to the left is Noodle pretending to be be a bat. You may notice, eventhough she is wearing a rain jacket, I think it has lost its ability to keep her dry. Yeah, I lost a parent points.At this point Noodle takes over the camera and wants to take mug shots


of me. I am not sure what the problem with my eye in the third picture is but I thought it was intersting that she said "Turn to the right and then the left and then look at me. That's nice Mommy." It was very Napoleon Dynamite. You know the scene, when Deb takes pictures of Uncle Rico. And yes, I have a horrible pimple on my chin, it's stress and then I forgot to take of my make up last Monday night and I have sensitive skin so now I have a new volcano on my chin. Ugh.
The final set of photos came from our front porch. 

I went out there to see if the baby of the family, Bibi, would let me take his photo. He is on the rug we yanked out of our living room and then left on the porch. It's been over a month, I am not sure how long it will hang out on the front porch but only the mail lady and mssionaries use the front porch anyway. First photo is Bibi seeing Noodle, second is Bibi being accosted by Noodle, third is Bibi recovering in my arms. He is currently asleep on her bed so any signs of him being freaked out by her are very overstated. He loves her, she loves him. You may notice on the third photo, a glimpse of my pants. They are Hello Kitty pj bottoms. Yeah, that's my style. What about it?
8 comments:
That was fun!
The windows and paint colors and door frames of your house are awesome. I want your hubby to come fix OUR house!
All the cats rock, too - the picture of the peanut butter and fluff colored one is adorable, I can totally hear that purring.
Adorable!
Noodle looks like you.
I wouldn't have pegged you for the Hello Kitty pants type.
Seemed like a perfect day! Nice and relaxing...such a rarity for my family lately. Thanks for sharing. It was peaceful inspiration.
Very nice pics! Looks like it was a lot of fun to take them too.
BTW - I blogrolled you...I hope you don't mind. I found you through Sandra.
That's a good lookin' family you've got there, missy. Especially that hott mama in the Hello Kitty pants.
Wonderful pics, thank you for sharing! I always notice paint colors too, I don't suppose you remember what yours is called? It's gorgeous and dark yet neutral. The cats are gorgous too. Looks like such a nice happy family!!
Kristen - I am not sure Hubby will go to OK after the day I was in the office and half the glass came out of the building.
Sarah - I will never cease to amaze you with my lack of fashion sense.
Mel-j - It was a really good day.
Jenn- Sir assalot? I die laughing every time I read your blog. I rolled you too.
Sandra - The paint can is in the basement and I am in Atlanta this week. I will try to remember to get the color for you this weekend. It is a good color. I do not have your email. Mine is spicyelf@gmail.com.
Oh WOW - Noodle is getting more amazing every day, how did she get so incredibly beautiful? Must be genetics ;) Hey, you have cheekbones again! Looking good, keep running up hills!
~Hell
Post a Comment