I am in San Francisco. It is 6:30 in the morning and I am staying at a cute B&B which is nice but a little dated. I wanted to go running because I am 2 blocks from Golden Gate Park but it is dark here still and parks are dangerous in the dark and I don't have mace with me. When did summer depart? Seriously? I have an 8 AM appointment to buy a condo for my stepfather (the final major thing on my to do list before I go back to work) and then I guess I will go running. It would have been better at a nice bright sunny 6:30 but at least it isn't a gazillion degrees here with a thousand percent humidity during the day. The high will be in the 70's.
Thanks to everyone offering kind words about Noodle's schooling and our anxiety. She is fine when her dad brings her to school, she plays the anxiety card with her dear sweet mother. Argh.
She is not happy I am here.
Hubby is not happy I am here.
I am happy to buy the place and do some 'decorating shopping' with my step-father but I would rather be home too.
My friend, Hell, has a real job so she can't come visit with my god child so I will be running a lot and doing yoga while I am here.
Next week I return to work doing what I want to do. The project is until March and it is a 4 hour drive away and I get to be near family again. I will return to more anthropologist work and less mommy blogging. I purposely didn't study parenting this summer because I do not want to raise the ire of half of the bloggers of the world. No matter what opinion you have or notice you will offend someone who blogs about mothering.
I have to go get ready for my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Have fun on the last few days of your leave! Hope the condo shopping/closing goes well. Also glad to hear that Noodle is just fine with school. That's a load off, I bet.
Thanks for using a larger font... The previous one was forcing me to dig out my reading glasses!
I hope you have a little time to enjoy the city while you're doing all that.
You're right to stay from the park at night. Odd things happen there.
Post a Comment