Thursday, August 03, 2006

Have You Ever Noticed It is Getting Harder to Get a Bad Cup of Coffee?

Tom Waits was incredible, the audience was incredible, the show was incredible. He played Clap Hands, one of my five favorite Tom Waits' songs. He also played Invitation to the Blues, a wonderful blues song. He told a little tale about why he has found it getting increasingly hard to get a bad cup of coffee and that he has reverted to instant coffee. It was hilarious. I tried to find it on youtube but it doesn't exist. Needless to say, we had a great time.
Setlist from last night's show:
Singapore
Make it Rain
Hoist That Rag
Shore Leave
November
Gods Away on Business
'Til the money Runs out
All The World Is Green
Tango 'Til Their Sore
Invitation to the Blues
You Can Never Hold Back Spring
Clap Hands
Whistling Past The Graveyard
Heartattack and Vine
Lie to Me Baby
What's He Building in There
Trampled Rose
Get Behind the Mule
Murder in the Red Barn
Goin' out West
Encore 1
Down In The Hole
Blue Valentine
Encore 2
Dont Go into that Barn

Now the Bad news:
I dropped my external hard drive off the side of my desk the other day. It cracked the drive and we could not retrieve any data. This is the drive that I had backed up my work to (which I can back up again). I also had all our pictures from the time Elizabeth was born. Now, I thought those were all gone but when I just searched our internal drive they are still there. I forgot to discard them from the internal drive when I copied them to the external. I cannot tell you how happy I am. Finally, it stored my iTunes and that is gone. I have a 60gb iPod and it was half full. I can rebuild it, we do have some bionic capabilities here but I am not sure if I can rebuild the purchased music and videos (and Shakira hips not lying need to be saved...really! I love that song...or did a month ago). So I have to rebuild my iTunes, I think. Has anyone ever done a reverse transfer from an iPod to iTunes? I think I read somewhere it could be done but I am not sure. I need help, if anyone has done this or seen the instructions please pass them on. I do not go back to work for another month but I don't want to spend the entire time rebuilding my iTunes library AND dropping another $200 (or so) on purchased music.
PS -Excellent travelling tip:
Avis has a promo where every 4 days you rent you get 5 free iTunes songs. I think I have bought about six albums and have gotten everything else via Avis coupons.

And yes, at the end of August I am going back to work for the company I had been working for. They miss me, seemingly desperately. I was ambivelent about my future and Hubby and I have agreed that they are my best bet right now. His project hasn't sold yet and I think we both worry a little about us both being independent. Here is a link to his newest project on the market, he did the kitchen and a lot of the other work (finish carpentry, installing wood floors, overall management of the build, etc....). I am very proud of him and his work.
http://www.beverly-hanks.com/propertysearch2/detail/358300

PPS - I jogged 3.5 miles today!

PPPS - Mel Gibson is really making his way to the bottom of my sh*t list. What a freaking idiot.

3 comments:

Granny said...

Glad you had a good time.

Agreed about Mel Gibson. You're right aoub Me - he was always at the bottom of mine.

Sexist pig.

Kristen said...

GASP!! I want your hubby to come do our house!!!

Minnesota Nice said...

He's a pure genius!! Tom, obviously not Mel. Glad you enjoyed the show, sounds like you got your money's worth!