Yesterday was a really tough day. By noon I felt like I had a 100 pound weight on my chest. It started when I brought Noodle to school and there was a police officer outside walking around. The JCC has hired police for a presence so that any whackos who would think about going on a shooting spree at the J will hopefully be deterred. I know this is good becuase it is a safety move but a police precense is nerve racking. Remember, death of a loved one by gun violence is number 3 on my top 5 anxiety dreams.
After that I tried to hack my iPod to reverse all the songs and playlists back into iTunes but I must have done something wrong and I lost EVERYTHING! I can rebuild it with all the CD's I own but I downloaded a ton of music and an audio book of The Stolen Child (it was good, go read it) and I didn't back up a bunch of it. Then Hubby called to tell me one of his job sites had been ripped off. At least these were just things, replaceable things.
I then realized I needed to send a check into work to cover August's benefits. I should have done this last week. This is number 4 on my anxiety list.
I also found out from a friend that there was some innapropriate behavior between children last year in the class that Noodle will be attending. There was definitely one child acting out to many different children, not a group consensus situation. The teacher was basically in complete denial for quite awhile which allowed the behavior to continue on much too long. By the time the school and families did anything a lot of damage was done. I am now putting my daughter into a classroom where I question her teacher's ability to keep her safe. I am not sure what to even do about this. Do I confront the teacher? Do I talk with the principal about my concerns? Do I wait it out? I really have no idea. This is number two on my anxiety list.
All that leaves in my dream anxiety list are zombies attacking me and showing up to highschool naked. I don't think either of these things will happen but yesterday was a rough day for my anxieties. I am fine today but yesterday just really sucked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After a day like that I don't think you can completely rule out the zombie thing.
LOL. I forgot what I was going to say when I read Sarah's comment.
I'd be worried about Noodle's teacher too - is there not another class/teacher she can transfer to? Would talking to one of the teacher's superiors about your concerns be more comfortable?
Post a Comment