Friday, July 14, 2006

It's College Finals All Over Again

My real estate agent in Boston called to tell me the house has sold. I am now waiting for the lawyer to call and tell me the deed has been transferred then it's all over, no more 3000 ton gorilla on my back. So why does it feel like college finals all over again? You know, you have taken your LAST exam and you are done packing and you are going to get a diploma and wait tables because that's all your degree makes you qualified for get a real job. I just feel a burden. still. Like after finals when you have had your head down and going for so long when you can finally bring your head up to breathe you can't quite remember how.
Don't get me wrong, we still have stuff to do. We still have to buy a condo in San Francisco and unpack the 7000 pounds of stuff coming here from Boston (did I mention that our 2000 square foot house is already full but I just couldn't bear to part with ANY of it...this might be an embellishment, some is going to Hobbit, my brother, some is staying in storage and going to San Francisco to my step father but it feels like it is all mine).
Thoughts of taking this big check and running away (with noodle) to Aruba have been lofting through my brain.
Hubby feels that we will need a 4000 sq foot house just for all the art we have inherited. I couldn't give or sell any of it. I will post pix later so you understand why. After having to clean out a 4000 sq. ft. house I will never own one unless we sell it before Noodle could inherit it. By the time we die we have agreed we will have very little and it will all be VERY nice so Noodle doesn't have to deal (I hope).
And on that light note, off to get Noodle from school, she earned a toy for waking up and getting out of bed when I asked her to every morning this week and then she was a great kid every afternoon. Not to brag, since my child has her moments but she really is a cool kid. Please remind me of this when she is 15.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I can imagine how after dealing with so much for so long, it's hard to go back to "normal" especially since there are still last steps to take. Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on getting that Gorilla in a cage! I'm also glad you're getting job offers...screw your current work if they're offering more for the same job!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. It is terrifying. Especially moving to a big house in an expensive housing market.

My head still spins when I think about what we owe.

So, San Francisco? Are you going to BlogHer?

Heather said...

Oooh...sounds like there is much work ahead. I don't know about you, but I could not think straight for at least a week after my last final!!

And thanks for including me on your blogroll! I promise more updating will come..we just came back from vacation...and there is much unpacking to be had.

Anonymous said...

I say congrats on a really wicked hard job well done..(I was there, a lot of shit).
Rock on Brick House!