Monday, July 17, 2006

Boxes Boxes Everywhere

The moving truck got here yesterday and I now have a front porch full of boxes. I still do not have a check for the sale of the house becuase there was an issue with the form saying I am the legal trustee. What was funny about the form is that it had 3 stipulations:
1. I was the legal trustee (I am)
2. All recipients of the trust are of legal age (they aren't but I am the legal guardian of the one under age so that's cool)
3. All recipients of the trust are of sound mind.
(screeching brake noise here)...
These people have obviously never met my family. Sound mind? My step-father has been nicknamed the 'Walking Russian Novel' and my brother, well, let's not get started there. Yesterday I was driving somewhere with him and said 'You know one thing I really love about you?' he expectantly replied 'what?' (since I so rarely give him compliments these days). And said 'I never have to change the seat when I drive after you, I love that.' I am looking for all the good I can, ok? He has been super terrific with getting the hose closed up and everything, I will give him that. He just makes piss poor choices sometimes.
And am I of sound mind? One of my sayings is that it is better to look normal and be weird than to look weird and be normal. My daughter is probably still of sound mind but give me a few more years to work on her.
The problem with the form wasn't the sound mind clause, I let that go and signed the paperwork. The buyer of our house, who turned out to be a real estate lawyer, was an idiot and I had to send the same document twice (overnighted, of course) once not notarized and once notarized. I didn't go to the closing because I really didn't want to meet the people buying the house. They really did come across as total assholes and as much as I didn't care about the house, my mom did, and I don't want my memories of her to be discounted by the new owners.
Her stuff is here now. We have some beautiful art (in boxes) and some beautiful sculptures (in boxes) lots of pictures (in boxes). Noodle sees the boxes as one big adventure because there are toys (she has found them already) and Trader Joe's. We do not have one here and I love them so much. I love their coffee and their cookies and the pasta. I don't have the little squash raviolis aymore and that makes me sad. I have not found closure yet. That might be in one of these boxes too, I just haven't been able to find it (maybe in the final box?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Closure seems to come later. You're too busy when your moving to think about it.

Kristen said...

I'm glad you're at least getting closer to all of this being behind you - the closure will come then, that's for sure.