First of all, I am sort of back. This project is ending abruptly and I am trying to wrap up the loose ends. I should be 'working' from home starting next week so I will be able to share all the whacky stuff I have been going through. I have lots and lots of blog fodder.
But I had to share this...
I took the red eye from San Francisco to Norfolk via Atlanta last night. (an aside: I learned I am much more effected by jet lag than I used to be). I sat down and was ready to dose off to sleep until the fairly attractive 60'ish year old man sat next to me and started chatting...at 11 pm at night...west coast time so really 2 in the morning since I never acclimated. And he was quite charming and so I chatted back and he offered me 'special' chocolates his daughter made him and I happily accepted because there is nothing better than yummy and delicious chocolate. It had a very earthy quality to it, like coffee beans or something. I couldn't place the flavor. Then I started getting giggly and we were talking about how ridiculous Corporate America is and then he said 'The chocolate won't get you in trouble, will it? They don't drug test you, do they?'
Huh?
The earthy taste was the herby taste of specially prepared butter...strong butter. His daughter gave him 'special' chocolate and he was kind enough to share.
And the giggling, that was me baked out of my gord.
And fortunately we don't drug test at the company I am at.
If I had had a freaky hippy sitting next to me I would have thought twice about eating ANYTHING they offered but this was the president of a company (we were in first class) and he sort of looked like a grandfather, not a stoner. And the chocolates were from his daughter. This guy was obviously enlightened.
My spidey sense was completely caught off guard.
It was really fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Shades of the 60's and the special brownies.
Too funny.
Okay, I want to sit in first class and have strange men offer me drugged chocolate. I need to get out more.
Someone mentioned to me I shouldn't take candy from strangers...
OH my god!! That is hilarious! And sort of, um, scary... Wow. The life of executives...
Post a Comment