Tuesday, April 04, 2006

jobs

I have noticed when work is remarkably stressful I tend to go here and here and here instead of actually working. More importantly, I have noticed many other people in Corporate America do that too.
It is pretty easy to find job sites and reosurces for working outside the home. So I figured I would try to do a resources search. When I ran this:"stay at home" resources I got a a bunch of work from home links. When I did this search: "stay at home" resources so you don't kill you children, I got this link, among others, whom I read regularly already.
Ok, back to the thing I am trying to run away from.

PS- When life (not work) is really stressful I eat. Actually I eat a lot when work is stressful too. Honestly, I just like to eat. Recently I have surrounded myself with things that are really bland and gross low fat and healthy. I found cracker jack rice cakes and I love them. They are sort of like cardboard popcorn balls but without the fat.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yep, I stress eat too. And I'm in need of some low-cal stress snacks...I must try these cracker jack rice cakes.

Kara said...

stress eaters are weak, lacking in will power, and have nobody but themselves to blame.
yeah- i couldn't keep a straight face while i typed that. i went shopping AGAIN last weekend (and GAH! I hate to shop!!) because my expanding ass could no longer be constrained by a single of my skirts. stress eating won't get you fired, though three margarita lunches, however, will. ergo, i will continue to eat the tortilla chips.

Kristen said...

I say we all get together for a three-margarita lunch. Screw the jobs.