After long arduous discussions, ruminations and failed Mom-spirit summoning Hubby and I have decided to try to get Noodle into the Core curriculum school, then the Arts and Humanitites school and then the whacky experimental school. Here was my reasoning:
1. Great PTO/ volunteering prgram
2. Fairly close to home
3. I have been checking out what core curriculum is all about and I like it. At first I was a little taken a back by a book series that told me what my child should know but then when I read part of them (ok, the jackets) and I liked what it thought she should know.
4. The kindergarteners have their own entrance
5. The kindergarten rooms have their own bathrooms.
6. Funky art teacher.
7. The pricipal who made the arts & humanities school so wonderful has moved to the Core school.
8. I really liked the library and library director
I think those are good reasons. The whacky experimental school is the hardest school to get into in Asheville so putting it third rules it out, she will never get in there but also not go to one of the schools we didn't like.
Here is why I am still sort of wondering if this is the right choice (instead of the A&H):
1. The A&H school was a clean, well lit place... Hemmingway really had a good idea about clean, well lit places.
2. It has arts...and humanities...
3. A lot of our friends' kids are going there (the rest go to the whacky experimental school). Am I that clicky?
4. Great after school enrichment.
So, I think this is the final choice selection but we have until Friday to really choose....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yes, I'm being a complete smart ass, but at one of these fancy schools will she learn how to correctly spell "sugar cookies"? just checking. love your blog :) -Kate
OMG...this has been corrected...
Post a Comment