1. I had to give the cat a bath tonight because he smelled like cat urine. He stunk and he had kitty litter matted in his fur and it was really gross. Ever try to give a cat a bath? He is clean now although I am not sure he will ever love me again.
2. Today at 6 pm my brother's dog bit my child. BIT MY CHILD. So after I got done wanting to kick the dog (skip that, I still want to kick the f'ing dog), I had to comfort my brother and my child. Things between me and my brother have been strained recently for many many reasons and THIS DIDN'T HELP. Background on the dog: the dog has never shown any violent tendencies and we were all a little shocked this happened. needless to say the dog is canus non grata in our home.
BTW, the child is fine, her ear was a little red and we cuddled her for a long time while she watched Lazy Town.
2.5 I love Noggin and I loathe Lazy Town. I wished Noodle loved 64 Zoo Lane as much as I did.
3. I couldn't connect with my child today (probably because she felt the anger pouring out of my pores and was terrified about it). I tried and I couldn't. We spent most of the day together but I was sort of lame and we had an ok time but we normally have a huge time together, even if we are just folding laundry or drawing or something. We had an ok day but it wasn't great. No time outs (for either of us), although she brought her best friend to tears and we still aren't sure why.
4. I don't get to sleep in much, I don't like to or need to (see my description about myself). Usually hubby does on the weekends and that's fine. But, once in a-fucking-while, I NEED to. I needed to this morning, desperately, I have sinus issues right now and slept horribly. And tomorrow I have to get up at 7 and work all fucking day because I am incredibly behind at work and I have client facing meetings all week to show them their cool new purchasing system that I can't get to work. ARGH!!!!
5. Yesterday I did not get one thing completed. Not one, not home wise, not work wise, not anything wise. We did go use
4. Last night the cat slept at the vet so they could get a urine sample. When we were able to to get him he reaked of cat urine. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yesterday I brought the cat to the vet, he should have gone Tuesday for a follow up for the weekend emergency. The vet is halfway between our house and Noodle's school. The house hubby works on is 2 doors down from where we live (2 doors closer to the school than our house). We live 4/10's of a mile from Noodle's school. Ergo, the vet is 2/10's of a mile from our house. Hubby couldn't be bothered with getting the cat to the vet. He did tell me the cat was going to go Tuesday during lunch...and then Wednesday during lunch...He went Friday. Because I brought him. Instead of me doing the work I absolutely have to do for meetings next week, I brought our poor sweet sick (damn) cat to the vet. I wouldn't have even cared about this if he hadn't told me he was going to do it. (Note to Hubby, Yes dear, I love that you folded the laundry this week...thanks). Update on the cat, he gets wet food for the rest of his life or at least the next month. Wet food is better for cats than dry food because cats need more water than they get with kibble and water alone. And, cats should nto pee anywhere other than the boxes and out doors. If they do they are either mad at you for not cleaning the litter enough or they are sick.
5. Thursday I had meetings with my client about how they want to do their requisitioning processes. They basically want everyone of the 6000 people in the company to approve a requisition before someone can buy something, anything. Duh. This may be a bit of an embellishment but it didn't feel like it at the time.
6. Wednesday I was told by the client I was a liar because the reporting tool they purchased cannot calculate totals they way they want unless I create a view and then they report from the view. I am not supposed to be writing views. That is considered techincal and I am supposed to be doing a non-technical implementation. This woman yelled at me at 8 in the morning. Bad bad bad. She walked away after I waited until she was done. I didn't grovel, I didn't get argumentitive, I just waited, and then I printed the documentation that showed the software they bought wouldn't do what they wanted. And then I spent 3 hours not getting ready for my meetings next week. I spent 3 hours writing the fucking view so she could have her fucking report. I no longer work for the company that built the damn software, I only implement it. I didn't tell them to buy this software and I am sick of being blamed for her world. Her company made decisions and I wasn't even here when the decisions were made, I really wanted to tell her to suck it up but that is not good consulting.
7. Tuesday I woke up with a full blown sinus infection that I still have Saturday night.
Here's the kind of love I am feeling right now: I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit I quit
1 comment:
oh you poor thing. i'm calling you when i get off work (yes. sunday and i have to work)hopefully, i'll get you before your flight. let's open an educational computer doohicky consulting business together.
Post a Comment