They did add another woman to the project, of course I roll off next week so it will be back to 1 woman soon. Oh well.
I just read My horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler. Very funny. This is one of the women on Girls behaving Badly, which, as a show, doesn't do much for me but the book is hilarious. Warning, do not read if you don't like raunch. This is an R rated book.
Next on my List is Another Bullshit Night in Suck City by Michael O'Conner. Trying to get started but a memoir about meeting up with your alcoholic bum of a father in a Boston homeless shelter seems a little depressing (and maybe it hits a little too close to home???? hmmmm). I am also reading Everything and More by David Foster Wallace. It is really interesting but really heady so I seem to have a narcoleptic fit every 10 pages or so.
Noodle,
my beloved, gorgeous, perfect, brilliant, cunning child is four and a half. Noodle starts kindergarten in August. I have to go to the open house next Wednesday to find out about her schooling options (must get her into the right kindergarten, afterall, it leads to the right college). Asheville has a lottery for the school she will go to. All schools are magnet schools. She would go to Claxton if she went to her neighborhood school but we have to pick our top three and keep our fingers crossed (we only like two schools and I am a public school advocate so we haven't really even looked at the private schools). In the forms we got they have a transportation request form too. Like she will ever ride a bus. My husband didn't really let anyone hold Noodle for the first 2 weeks of her life (except me, to nurse, and my mom because maternal grandmas trump dads in the 'hold the baby' pecking order in our house). He will never let her ride a bus...ever.ever.ever.
1 comment:
i'm with hubby re: the bus.
Post a Comment