Thursday, January 22, 2009

It was supposed to be a 2 year gig

Eight and a half years ago I took a travelng job. I was pregnant at the time and my husband and I made the choice that I would work while he stayed home with our daughter. We thought it would be a short time thing and the money and experience was good so off I went to a job where I have traveled to:
Perry, GA - great donuts
Atlanta, GA - great family
Fort Walton Beach, FL (in the winter) - great view of the ocean from my hotel room
Houston, TX - great humidity
St. Petersburg, FL  - great ocean
Dallas, TX - great sangria
West Palm Beach, FL - great nutritional supplements
Miami, FL - great hotel
Raleigh, NC - great PITA
Memphis, TN - another great PITA
Chicago, IL - great city!
Troy, MI - I wasn't there long enough to form an opinion
Colorado Springs, CO - so beautiful
Newark, NJ - NYC is right next door! What could be better than NYC on an expense account?
Washington, DC - one of my favorite cities

I might be missing a city or two but you get the gist of it. 
I received my letter to start a non-traveling job. I will be working form my home office.
I will be working normal hours and if I work overtime, I get paid overtime.
I will get to sleep in my own bed everynight.
I will get to see my husband and daughter every day and my friends and family any day of the week.
4 more weeks and my 'I think I will do this for 2 years' job will be over.

yeah!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kathy Bridges said...

Let me get this straight; I could wander through Asheville on a Wednesday and you would be there?
I am not sure I believe this.....
Oh please let this be the magical job!!!!! Now if we could just find one for Kate????
hugs to all,
cousin Kathy

Arwen said...

Yes, I will be home on a Wednesday and the hotel will be available for you!

1A said...

Woo-hoo!

Pinterest Failures said...

How exciting! I am enjoying working from home this time around. The schedule is sweet. Just make sure you actually get dressed every day. Even if you don't shower. I'm just sayin'.

I wonder if your trip to Troy, MI involved my employer, who is based there...

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Can you come to DC again real quick first?

Kristen said...

I didn't know this! Of course, I have been completely out of the loop for the past -- six?? -- months. Anyway, I'm so happy for you - I hope you're loving it and getting into your new routine. What a life change. WOW.