Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ewwwwww

On Monday I was doing a sales demo at a computer company. Everyone there was under 40 and beautiful; they had the energy of a start up and acted a little cocky. Their sales are growing leaps and bounds and they seem to have a great business model. I understand their business model extremely well because they buy and sell servers and when I started in Corporate America I also bought and sold configured computer systems, although my business centered on cash registers and point of sale systems. They want a way to sell things so that people can consume their stuff and they can report what they sell easier. That's why I was there; I sat in front of a computer for 7 hours explaining why the software I implement would be better than anyone else's software system. They asked good questions, they looked for specific things that were important to their business. Did I mention they were all beautiful?

To be honest, after about 30 minutes of being there I was a little intimidated by them.

And then I sat down in front of the computer I was going to do the demonstration on and I went to plug the power cord into the power strip located under the big corporate table we were seated around and I saw someone's toenail clippings on the floor under the under table. I pretty much spent the rest of the meeting trying to figure who in their right mind would

One: clip their toenails in the company's board room

Two: leave the toenails on the floor of the company's boardroom

I was also wondering if this was some type of Fight Club subversion, a disgruntled employee's passive aggressive attack on the management or if they had been there a while and the cleaning people didn't bother to vacuum under the table.

4 comments:

Girlplustwo said...

ewww is right. fight club is right too.

Pinterest Failures said...

wow--that is most foul. My mac & cheese just isn't as tasty now

Minnesota Nice said...

The guy in the cubicle to me clips his fingernails regularly. The little sound of "clip" "clip" "clip" makes me ill for some reason.

But a toenail? That's a new low, even for Corporate America.

1A said...

Beautiful people. With short toenails.