Thursday, April 03, 2008

Oh, In case you are wondering

I am still alive. I quit my job. I am still alive. Next week my daughter turns 7. I am still alive. I have been working from home for the last two weeks. I am doing pretty good. My past employer wanted me to work 200 miles away for 5 days weeks (leave Sunday night, return Friday late) for the next two years, so I quit. I am more than alive, I am thriving. My stained glass studio is almost ready for me to start working in it. How could I be anything other than thriving? I have had job offers without even updating my resume.
Things are really good.
This is not a belated April Fool's joke.

8 comments:

Lance said...

Oh, I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous. You go girl. Thrive away and post some pics of your work when you are ready. I will live vicariously through you while I sit at my desk.

Arwen said...

That is awesome that you are standing up for yourself. My husband is going through the same thing (without the many job offers, though!).

You're both so lucky!

And I agree with lance, post some pics for us to see.

Kathy Bridges said...

It has been so quiet from your neck of the woods that I knew something was up, been thinking about you alot! Please tell me you get to spend some quality time at home before going back out into the rat race!?!?!?!?! We must chat!
Hugs,
KUB

1A said...

Thanks for the update. Good luck w/everything & happy 7th bday!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

Good for you. Thriving is a great state to be in! Thinking of you all and you should definitely post some pics of your work!

Mucho love.
A.

Girlplustwo said...

here's to thriving. you go, woman.

Kara said...

hey, you promised me hair pictures.

Pinterest Failures said...

Wow! Good for YOU! It seems like the changes are going to be a really good thing. Congrats to you!