We gave the puppy away. My heart still isn't quite healed. It is safe to say it was one of the low points of my relationship with my husband. The puppy now lives with my brother and is quite happy living there. My brother seems to only say good things about the puppy (to me, at least). My daughter feels her uncle is just keeping her for him.
I got some of the most beautiful roses for Valentine's Day. Anyone who IM's with me on gmail or Skype or has befriended me on Facebook has seen them. Very well chosen flowers. Thank you, Sweetheart.
I have been billing over 60 hours a week since the beginning of January. That doesn't include travel time and I have been traveling to two different cities every week for the last month. I have been home for 5 days in February. This week I was in only one city and billed 40 hours and I feel like I have lots of extra time.
We went to San Juan for 4 days and stayed at a resort and relaxed in the ocean in February and it is the only thing that kept me sane in the last month. I saw my good friend get married. Her husband cried as the ceremony was performed. At one point he had to stop and lean over towards her. How can you not tear up when you watch two people who love each other that much get married?
When we weren't going to the Caribbean or I wasn't gallivanting all over the southeast, I picked out lights, cabinets, flooring, paint, fixtures, bathrooms stuff and garage doors for our new garage apartment behind the house. My husband is a great builder. If you live in Asheville and need a builder leave a comment, I will get his info to you. He's got mad building skills. For those of you wanting to visit us we have guest quarters with hardwood floors, cherry cabinets and is meticulously detailed. We will even let you borrow a cat, if you need one to sleep at night. It will be able to sleep 4 adults and 2 kids if you don't mind them sleeping in a closet. You have to see it understand, it isn't as bad as it sounds. The apartment will be ready for Easter weekend. Family is, of course, always welcome. I will put pictures up soon.
My daughter wants to create t-shirts that say 'Me and Momma for Obama'. She's brilliant.
I have started logging everything I eat on myfooddiary.com. It is the perfect portal for OCD individuals. I thought about Nutrisystem, I thought about weight watchers. I decided on this. I have lost one pound in 5 days. It gives you smiley points for eating high fiber foods and exercising. It's frowns if you drink too much. What's not to love?
I am hoping to start blogging again. No promises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is a brilliant T-shirt idea!! Now that K8 has set up a blog reader for me, maybe I can keep up with you. Of course, I am not sure anyone can keep up with you! Take some time to breath!
kub
i've missed you. you sound so full and rich and happy.
Good to hear from you again.
My brother can't wait to take you up on the offer of guest quarters. He's wanted to visit Asheville, ever since he saw a History/Discovery/Travel Channel/Food Network (take your pick) special on the architecture of McDonald's. Apparently, the Asheville McDonald's reflects the Biltmore. (Unlike me, he has no actual interest in visiting the Biltmore.) He just wants to see a fire place in a McDonald's!
I'm concerned about the little diary log thing that frowns at you when you drink too much. Pretty soon you'll start lying about your consumption just to avoid the judgment...don't we all have mother's for that?
Glad you got a vaca and damn jealous of your new construction and your husband with the mad building skills!
hi, um, i just realized we're supposed to be paired for the blog exchange tomorrow! i can get a post to you by tonight - can you get one to me? my email is in my profile. :)
I sure was wondering about the pup - but it sounds like he's in a great home, so that's what matters most. I'm going to look for you on Facebook, I just signed up last night, like I need another online timewaster???
Post a Comment