Thursday, October 18, 2007

Things I am Thinking About Today

I found another Arwen. I was reading comments over on Rude Cactus and there were two Arwens, me and someone else. It turns out she is really cool. She lives in a City I really like a lot and we have already chatted about drinking games. Why are all Arwen's so cool? (Except for me, I am a dork, people who know me well will back me on this). We actually somehow got to drinking games because we were talking about LOTR paraphernalia. A long time ago, my mom got me shot glasses that double as LOTR chess pieces. Or was that the other way around? I am not sure. Anyway, I was looking for a cat costume for Noodle for Halloween and saw this and and thought 'I could be Arwen for Halloween. Perfect!' Except I already am Arwen so I think I am going to be Hermoine Granger instead. If you are named after a famous character in books or film can you just go as that character for every dress up event? is that some form of cheating? The new Arwen has been added to the side bar. Go visit her blog.


Speaking of Cape Buffalo, my very favorite Stepford wife, we have agreed to run our next half marathon in February. Team Mimi is back in business. This time we are only focusing on the run but we are running in a race that 100% of the bib fees go to breast cancer research at the Mayo Clinic. Interested? Here is the race information.



It's all my fault



Finally, in the posts I read this morning I saw the following and interesting Trifecta. First Rude Cactus discusses talking Faith with his daughter. Then Dave discusses religious ignorance. Then Suzanne discusses her intolerance with morons (although not specifically religious, the source has strong religious under currents). All three are great posts, definitely thought provoking.

6 comments:

petullant said...

I am going to be a Ravenclaw student for Halloween. Thankfully, my name is neither Raven (although that would have been an excuse for any dark poetry I might have written in the past) or Claw (which would probably be indicative of a scary prosthetic so, whew.)

I think either costume is good. Of course, Arwen is much prettier! A friend is selling a handsewn replica of Arwen's battle dress on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180169962179&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

It (among other things) makes me wish I was a size 6!

Anonymous said...

No woder we're friends: we're both Hermione. Not for Halloween, I mean IRL we are more similar to her than anyone else. If you say Trelawny I will kick you. Perhaps a touch of Sprout, a smattering of Rosmerta, and I'm scared I'm growing up to be Mrs. Weasely. You're Hermione with a dab of McGonagal & perhaps a wink of Veela.
~Hellga

Kristen said...

Just wanted to say hi - it's been too long. I think I'm back (?). It's great to "see" you again...

Anonymous said...

I have a bunch of Beckys in my RSS feeder. But that's not as impressive as finding another Arwen.

Granny said...

Chris wrote a great post, didn't he. I really had to think about what I believed and what I didn't and what lay in between the two.

You know this Arwen don't you? The one I always have to stop and remember which one of you I'm talking to?

I checked out Arwen # 3 a couple of weeks ago because I thought she might be you when I saw her at Rude Cactus.

Chris Cactus said...

Thanks for the mention. I was initially quite confused by the two Arwen thing!