I gave notice. I gave 5 weeks notice. I orginally gave two weeks and they asked for more. They have been asking for more for months so I only gave a little more. I have vacation this week. It is spring break. They asked if I could work anyway.
No, I can't work. I have to play with my child.
And fuck you (the project manager) for making feel guilty because you poorly scoped a project.
And fuck you (the client) for taking advantage of the fact that can do three times the work of other people.
And fuck me for putting up with it for the past 4 months.
I still feel guilty. I still feel bad when not enough is done. I am such an idiot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It will probably feel fine once it's sunk in. As my late husband used to say "I was looking for a good job when I found this one".
I just now noticed that "Not Your Average Granny" on your sidebar is yours truly. That's wonderful and thanks.
Fuck 'em. You don't work there anymore. Do the rest of your time and leave with a smile on your face.
Once you're out of it, things will be jjjuuuusssttttt fine. It's a horrid and ridiculous situation, and you need to leave it. I, personally, am proud of you.
~Hell
don't you DARE feel anything but happy.
Don't. You. Dare.
And after all of us comment on how you shouldn't feel guilty, you get to feel guilty for feeling guilty...
Gotta love the catch-22s...
Don't feel guilty. You know it's never enough with "them." Congrats on "ballsing" up! Big hug your way.
GASP! I can't believe I'm *this* out of the loop. I had no idea you were leaving. It sounds like it's for the best, though. ARe you going to be at home for a while?
Congratulations - the guilt will pass soon because you know this is the right choice.
I can't imagine how you feel, but I can tell you what I feel - jealous! Especially for your ability to finally tell all of them to f* themselves. I hope I can manage that when I finally reach the point that I put in my notice!
Ironically, it shows how good (and valued) a person you are that you feel bad. You can't help but want to help out because of the commitment you've put in and the people who put their trust in you.
But you've got to remember that it's just a job, and they know that, and once you walk away they'll have to deal, 'cause that's what people do.
Don't let their attempts at guilt and cajoling bug you. Just be stern, tell them no, and move on. Like you said...it's their damn fault.
Post a Comment