My job interview went very well tonight. I know all Susan wants to know is what I wore:
-My hair was pulled back into a simple ponytail
-I wore my glasses so I looked smarter and light make up
-I wore a pale yellow cashmere turtleneck (it used to be my mom's so it is good luck, although a little big)
-a very small print houndstooth print skirt so it looks grey instead of black and white, knee length
-black sheer stockings
-knee high black leather boots
The meeting was great, we talked about the position I would have if I chose to change. It is more of a sales support / mentor position. I would no longer be a consultant. I would be in sales. Heh heh. I will give them my resume. There are a lot of reasons not to take the position, there are a lot of reasons to take the position. I will keep you informed of how it pans out.
I didn't even see one trick or treater yesterday. There were none at the hotel and only adults in the office. My good friend L. sent me a picture of my kid and one of her kids:

Mine is the cat, hers is the vampire. Fortunately the vampire didn't want to bite the cat and vice versa. They actually love each other and get into a lot of trouble at school goofing off. We have a hard time being angry when they get in trouble for cracking jokes. There is more to it than that but that is what it feels like. Is it any wonder that both my husband and I are high school drop outs?
Noodle got in trouble at school today. She walked into the boys' bathroom. They have a color card system. Every day the kids start with a green card. If they mess up they get a yellow card warning. If they mess up again they get a red card. If they mess up again they get white (which is really no cards). If they make obvious attempts to improve their evil ways they get a blue card. This is called 'turning it around.' Walking into the boys' bathroom gets you a red card right away. You can't turn that around. I think I understand this. It is sort of a kindergarten level sex offense. She said she forgot and we believe her because her old school had coed bathrooms. I completely understand (and support) receiving a red card for this situation. I think that places emphasis on appropriate behavior. I don't think walking into the bathroom of the opposite sex is appropriate. I just wish we didn't have to explain it to her why, 3 months ago she could go into the either bathroom and why now she has magically passed into a realm where boys go through one door and girls go through a different door.
I am going to start reading 316 posts that I have in bloglines. Zero Dad wins with 42 entries. Scrutiny Hooligans comes in second with 15. I am ignoring all politcal blogs for the next week though so I will be able to kill quite a few post reads (no worries SH, I already voted and you would have approved).
4 comments:
Good work with the lovely interview outfit. I'm very proud.
We're also struggling to explain gender rules to the boys. It's hard. If you have any good ideas, let me know.
It must be confusing for her.
We had the card system in elementary and I still have them say "green card" to me when we're about to go somewhere.
I have over 1,000 entries on bloglines but many of them are political. I'm not even going to try to read them but I'll try to catch up with the personal stuff.
I never even thought about the transition from co-ed to separate! Mine's still in the preschool co-ed camp. I'll have to remember to work on this before next school year.
FYI: National Blog Posting Month is going on right now, so you may have quite a few posts out there to catch up on.
Love the picture..
And I think she's still at an age where it's understandable she might walk into the wrong restroom. I'm kind of surprised they responded the way they did. It's not like she's 12!
Post a Comment