Thursday, July 13, 2006

New Job Opportunity

I have been on a leave for a little over a week excpet last week was actually vacation so that doesn't count. Since then I have been forwarded about 5 job opportunities which makes me feel pretty good since I haven't actually quit my job or anything. Four of them were independent gigs where I would go for a few months at a specified rate and help out the client. The fifth opportunity was a little different:
Our client (a consulting firm in the ERP area) has a client based in Atlanta, for which they need a consultant for a long term project (maybe 9 months) with 3 solid years of Service Contracts, Order Management, and Advanced Pricing. It is an existing Oracle environment. The position can be either PERM at $130-140K +bonus with the consulting firm or in this case they will accept a contractor for $80-90/hr +TE. The work location will be Atlanta.
And I thought 'Wow! That sounds just like the project I was just on.' Except, I make nowhere near that much money. The headhunter who sent me that request didn't know me well enough to know where I have been working. So I asked if this was for my company and she said 'Yes, Have you worked with them before? They are an excellent consulting company!'
It is safe to say that I don't make nearly that much money a year, not even close. It is safe to say that I am royally pissed. I have ALWAYS gotten the highest reviews I can on projects but they have never even dreamed of compensating me like that.
Bastards. For the two people I work with who read this blog, what do you think? Is that super painful or what? I am not even sure if it is worth talking with my superiors or not.

PS - The families I knew at the pool tlaked with me, one new person talked with me (but his wife didn't) and no women who didn't know me talked with me. I felt like I was back in New England. I had a blast swimming with Noodle thought and Hubby and grill up some excellent burgers.

5 comments:

Kara said...

They probably didn't talk to you because you are so damn hot that they were intimidated by you. Or it could just be because you're funny and you use big words and drink like a man. Or because you're a dirty Yankee (not to be confused with a dirty Yankees' FAN... Hi Chag!).

But those are just a few of the reasons why I love and adore you. They probably wouldn't have spoken to me either. That's usually because I have the biggest boobs.

Anonymous said...

Deservedly "royally pissed"? YES!

If I came across something like that I would feel cheated. If you're interested in staying, I would definitely talk to your superiors about that $$$. What have you got to lose?

GRRRR...I'm aggravated for you!

Anonymous said...

As one of the work people who read this, my reaction was along the line of "holy s**". I moved to the higher paying part of the business, and am no where near the $$$ mentioned.

No wonder you instant messaged me asking if I had read today's blog!

Anonymous said...

Wankers.

I've seen this before though...typical. They use the "we can't give you that big of a raise" excuse reflexively, then they lose somebody and offer to pay ridiculous sums to replace it. It probably has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with how far up their asses the management and HR people are.

But you should apply...I'll bet you're totally qualified.

Kristen said...

I think you SHOULD bring it up. But don't listen to me: I'm a big trouble maker at every job, what with my crazy ideas about making things better and not continuing to do things in a stupid, difficult way.