Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oh Boy

This was the blog I thought I was going to post:
I am pretty burnt out on working right now. I like consulting and I like (usually) the software I am implementing but my current employer keeps shafting me about training, my position on projects, what I am implementing. So, I am giving notice today. And, I do not have another job to go to. For the first time since Hubby and I started this traveling for work thing (me traveling, him supporting me traveling), I will not have a paycheck for awhile. Here is what I am going to do in July:
1. Send resumes out for August
2. Move the contents of my mom's house into storage
3. Sell my mom's house
4. Read James and the Giant Peach with Noodle...and Matilda.
5. Go to the pool and read books and go swimming with Noodle.
6. Garden
7. Cook
8. Exercise
9. Relax
10. Relax
I am taking a break. I am really looking forward to taking a break.
Yeah!


But when I tried to give notice they didn't let me. The director just wouldn't accept me giving notice. He suggested a LOA to decide if I really want quit. I think am going to take a LOA and decide if I want to quit in 30 days. Still no pay check but it will allow me to stay if I want and if I find something better then I can give notice then.
We will have to budget.
We will have to scrimp and save.
This will be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ROCK! As well as you know, I also know the pain of this lifestyle. Jump Jump...into the deep end. You'll be awesome!

Susan said...

Good for you. Now don't forget to RELAX.