Friday, June 02, 2006

It's What Grown-ups do

When I was younger I don't think I did much drinking and dialing but I may have and I don't remember it because I was drunk and you don't remember much when you are drunk.
As an adult I think the equivalent is having a fever and leaving comments on blogs. I should probably leave the favorite blogs alone and just go to random blogs, at least then the damage is on unsuspecting victims. I was so sick last night I was that person on the plane that made you think of the movie 12 monkeys. The guy next to me was so clearly upset but I had lost my voice and couldn't even apologize. When I got home last night I had a fever so hubby drew a bath and that helped until the tylenol could break the fever. In North Carolina you can get codeine cough syrup without a perscription (I will take orders for you if you want) so I thought about downing some of that (on top of the heavy hitting tylenol pm cold and sinus medicine). This morning I am still feverish but I HAVE to be on a con-call at 10:30 so I am sipping warm drinks and making funny faces trying to open my ears and reading blogs and leaving comments. It's drinking and dialing for the grown up set.
Needless to say I am disclaiming any emails or comments I post today as well as all bad grammar, syntax and spelling. I also really hate summer colds and fevers and being sick in general. i think after the con-call I am going to go watch TV, to me that is the ultimate luxury, watching TV in the daytime.

3 comments:

CroutonBoy said...

That explains the strange, confused comments I had on my blog last night. Glad to know it wasn't actually some embedded message to terrorists or something....

I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully the NC mountain air will help...

Kristen said...

Yuck, a conference call when you feel like that is terrible. Hope it was quick. And that you're on your couch with some tea watching soaps...or talk shows...or re-runs of something funny.

Mom101 said...

Don't worry, the comment you left on my blog was written in tongues anyway so even if there were typos I wouldn't know.