Father's days rapidly approaches. First I have to say there is no way I can outdo Hubby for a parent's day present. he got me this, in the 60gb size. Noodle come up with some ideas for him and I got the ones that made sense (I didn't get him any faeritopia dolls or polly pckets or pretty ponies) and then we thought up something else but since he reads this blog, I can't tell you all but I will say, it is very creative and supports local artists and may just be perfect
1. He is a baby whisperer, a pied piper, a baby's kind of guy. Kids dig him. He can get kids riled up, relaxed, all listen to him. It is amazing. I had no idea he could do this before Noodle came along because we didn't hang out with children. I found this out at our baby shower a few weeks before Noodle was born.
2. He is wicked patient with Noodle. I get a really sharp tone in my voice really quickly with her when she isn't cleaning her room as quickly as I want or she isn't putting dishes away as fast as I want or whatever, you get the picture. He doesn't, he puts a condition on the chore and lets the cards fall. See, he's good.
3. He is really good at stopping and explaining good life lessons.
4. He emotes but not in and emo way, in a 'I am a big strong guy who can laugh and cry and smirk and whatever... what are you going to do about it?' kind of way.
5. Finally, he puts up with me as a mom.
Countdown #2
The Bermuda Triangle known as my birthday. I do not celebrate my birthday, when Noodle turns another year older I add 30 to it and keep going but my birthday is actually in June, sometime. There are a lot of reasons people don't celebrate: Mortality issues, religious issues, etc.... My reason is none of those typical reasons. I don't celebrate because really weird, messed up stuff happens around my birthday. Hubby and I celebrate the day after when nothing has gone wrong. Last year we got to celebrate. The year before that my mom died a few days before my birthday so we weren't celebrating much. A few years ago Kara, Noodle, baby Buffalo and I didn't celebrate up in Maine. We had a great day. I told her at the end of the day it was my birthday. She knew is was at some point around that time but wasn't sure when, she forgave me fast (and gave me a cool shirt from Huot's which I still wear. One year I ate at Ryan's for lunch on my birthday and that was the thing that went wrong. That place is scary. My brother almost died boating 2 days before my birthday one year. He has boating incdents from time to time but he was visibly shaken by the event and put a damper on our evening or going to see Los Lobos (this was right when Collosal Head came out and it was a small venue, it was a great show, despite my brother having big issues on the water). A few years before that I got to i.d my father's body in a morgue. Yes, on my birthday, yes, it sucked, big time. So much for having a sweet 25. These stories go on and on. So I don't celebrate my birthday. This is the time of year I rub the buddha's belly, I do nothing too exciting, I try to stay close to home. It's a little nerve racking.
Countdown #3
The house up in Boston is going to be sold in a little over a month. I am singing praises all over the place. We still need to pack some stuff and move some stuff and if anyone in the Boston area wants a master bedroom suite of furniture or a cool art deco style vanity or some cool single beds please let me know. You have to take them between July 1 and July 7 and you have to cart them away but they are all yours. I also have some home office furniture ala 1989 in great shape. All yours, just make them go away. This really is a huge thing off my shoulders. I will miss lobster dinners in this house and I will really miss my mom, it was her house, but I will not miss having it looming over me and having to be thought of.
2 comments:
Whoah, I can't believe all that crap has happened on or around your birthdays. Well, happy pre-birthday anyway, and I'll be sending some peaceful, boring thoughts your way - no tragedies.
The 60 gb size? LUCKY!!!!
Happy B-day :)
Post a Comment