Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Get Ready For Some Jealousy

I was a bit upset at the premise that I was going to work for a franchise food establishment for my next consulting gig. I don't like fast food and we don't eat much at home except for a certain chicken company (with waffle fries and real chicken breast meat). And I was a little upset that I would be doing a lot more work than I should in a super tight time line. And I was a little upset that the person giving me all the information had been laid off and hired back as a contractor and lives in in florida (and we are in Atlanta) and doesn't seem to be willing to come to Atlanta but noone else knows the data this person knows.
Then I walked in the break room and saw this:


Do you know what that is? It is a Starbucks machine. Look closer:

A free starbucks machine. It brews the coffee one cup at a time. It makes regular, half-caf, decaf and cocoa. Did I mention it is free? This is Corporate America nirvana. I don't drink caffeinated coffee anymore but I can do some damage to decaf (and I will).

Also, you may notice I added some buttons on the right. I have added all my regular reading to my Google page and now I can see when a blog is updated immediately (along with Oddly Enough News, Quote of the day and the word of the day). I love it. You can do it it too. Just click the button over there. You know you want to. Go on.

My own strange news: I am training for a half marathon next January. I started about a month ago. That isn't the news though. I have gained 7 pounds since it started. So much for slimming down from running. I did run 2.2 miles in 22 minutes last night but it was on a treadmill. It was sprinting for me. Sprinting.

I leave you with the quote of the day: The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass. - Martin Mull

6 comments:

Granny said...

One of them is the other Arwen I'm always confusing with you.

Kristen said...

Woo! Free cocoa!

Congrats on the half marathon...I was running a lot more last year and when I worked to a 10-minute mile, I was so proud of myself...but my sister-in-law, who runs all the time (and ran a half marathon recently, actually) had to try really hard to keep from laughing when I told her that. But to me, a 10 minute mile was working my BUTT OFF!! Anyway, good luck!

Susan said...

Shut up! Free Starbucks! SHUT UP!

Some girls have all the luck.

And whoo hoo for you with the half marathon! Sometimes I run for the phone, but usually I just let the machine get it. Because I'm a slug. But go Arwen!

Now stop tormenting me with the free coffee.

Anonymous said...

Must....crawl....through....computer....must.....get .......coffee......

Kara said...

ha. running. you are so funny. who talked you into that anyway?

Anonymous said...

Starbucks coffee sucks!!!!!!