skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Domestic Blisster Continues
My Poor Child
I am still home (and it is still supposed to be until June 12th) but they have piled work up on me which so far I have not been able to get to. I have had a really good reason though, Noodle has a rash. A big rash, it covers her arms, it covers her face, it covers part of her legs and part of her back. We thought it may be allergies but now we think it is viral. I have been given permission to give her benadryl. We have been to the doctor's twice and I picked her up early from school yesterday because it is a lot easier for me to distract her from her itching than her teachers, who are distracting 13 kids from all the things 4 and 5 years try to do to get introuble. When she even looks at benadryl she falls asleep. Where is she right now at 2:30 in the afternoon? Asleep in her bed. And now, since it has been days of this rash she gets a topical steroid cream too. The doctor wanted to give her an oral steroid but I said no, topical is fine and if it isn't better by next Monday we will go plan E.
Here are the plans with the results a la 'The Office' conflict resolutionPlan A: topical benadryl during the day and oral in the evening (when the itching seems to be at its worse) Result: the lotion worked for about 30 minutes at a time and could only be applied 3-4 times a day Conflict Resolution Status: Lose-Lose
Plan B: topical benadryl and I play with her in the afternoon to distract her from itching Result: I don't get any work done this way so it may be effective for Noodle but not for me Conflict Resolution Status: Win-Lose
Plan C: half a benadryl before school and a full one at night Result: still itchy Conflict Resolution Status: Lose-Lose
Plan D: Full benadryl every 6 hours and Locoid lotion wherever she feels like itching her sandpaper skinResult: I will let you know how this pans out
I am also giving her Aveno baths as often as I can get her take one. My child smells like oatmeal, I hate gruel but love my child.Conflict Resolution Status: Win-Lose Plan E: oral steroids. I really hope we don't go there.
Why I do Not have an Only Child
Yesterday after I picked her up early I wanted a cup of coffee and was too lazy to make a fresh pot at home thought it would be a nice treat to get Noodle a treat from our local bakery and she picked out a sugar cookie with lemon icing and a strawberry danish. The danish, in her opinion, was the healthy afternoon snack while the cookie was the junk food treat. The danish had two pieces of fruit on it while the cookie didn't, thus the danish is healthy. I kept thinking of Bill Cosby's chocolate cake routine. Eventhough she had eaten all of her lunch 45 minutes earlier she devoured the cookie and when we pulled into the driveway she was ready for her 'healthy snack.' I left her in the backyard with the 100 pound german shepherd to get my laptop so I could work and she could play outside when I started hearing shreiking, like maybe someone had cut off her leg or was trying to abduct her. So I ran outside to find her curled up in a ball disdainfully holding her danish and shooting daggers at the dog who was sitting a few feet away, trying to look innocent. I asked Noodle what happened and all she could stammer out was 'she licked my danish.' I turned away so she wouldn't see me laugh. I remember being a kid and licking all the pop tarts so that my brother couldn't have any. I actually opened the bags and licked them and then put them bag in their bags and put a note on top of them stating 'these have been licked' just so I could have them all to myself. I thought the dog was just a dog, instead she is teaching Noodle all the valuable lessons a sibling can teach.
A Night Out With Hubby
Last night Uncle Hobbit (aka Hobby, aka Hobble-Wobble, aka my older brother) came over to teach my child new bad habits babysit so Hubby and I could go see a movie. We had sort of agreed to see Thank you for Smoking since I really enjoyed the book and tobacco is the state flower of North Carolina (or is it the state vegetable?). When we got there we decided to paper-rock-scissors to either see the movie or go play pool. I lost, we went to go play pool. he beat me 2-1. We both stink but we have a blast. Then I convinced my husband we should go to the bar down the street and watch the Red Sox - Yankees game. He liked the wings there so we went. And I had a wonderful night. Red Sox decimated the Yankees and the bar was defintely rooting for the right team. It was a great date. It was date night and it was great. And although this chick thinks date night is a joke and women should just put out, I think date night is really fun (and I would put out anyway). At least with date night we get to go out and remember all the reasons we like eachother OUT of the sack.
2 comments:
Hope your gal is feeling better soon.
I keep trying to explain Bill Cosby and Chocolate Cake to those too young to remember. It was hilarious.
How about "Hhalf of these are licked? You guess which ones".
OH, poor Noodle! I hope the rash goes away soon (and without the steroids...)!
The other night Bryce got a fever out of the blue - it was awful and it knocked him out. The next morning, it was like nothing happened. We leave town tomorrow, and tonight, Quinn has the fever. I am just hoping and praying it's the 12-hour flukey fever Bryce had, and nothing worse. Eeek.
Post a Comment