I think it is appropriate to start my blog with a kick off since that's what people would do in corporate America. I don't think I need to worry about going native or anything since I have been in the trenches since 1997 and still see this as a foreign culture filled with strange idiosyncracies.
Definition of a kick off meeting: click here
A good kickoff meeting is supposed to do a lot of things. In my time I have noticed that what they mostly do is put people to sleep. Usually people last longer if there are snacks at the kick off (the best I have ever been to was at a bar) but due to the medium I will not be able serve anything.
But really, all I am doing is setting up my account so I can comment on Cape Buffalo, who is one of the coolest people in the world, and I can say this because we have known eachother for 20 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
allow me to pop your comment cherry (can't believe i actually wrote that. eww).
welcome to the world of blobbing!
what nobody told you is that it's a pyramid scheme. you now need to bring in 5 more people. sorry. rules are rules. you must join a blogging union as well. dues are payable directly to your mentor (me)once every fortnight. I accept paypal and those amazon.com gift cards you've been earning.
question: with the name of your current identity (i don't know how she does it) am i to assume you've finally finished that book?
P.S. add word verification to your comments ASAP. leaving that last comment was easier than a drunk girl on prom night.
i like to think of word verification as a field sobriety test. i often fail.
Welcome to our little Blogging community.... we're a bit sick, but we're nice :)
I love how the first step on the kickoff meeting definition was to introduce all the present members. Ah, stating the obvious. Isn't that what corporate america does best?
And I can ridicule because I set up, run, and LOATHE kickoff meetings for a living. OY.
Are there snacks here? Someone mentioned snacks . . .
Welcome to blobbing!
Hello! and welcome to the world of morons, psycopaths and mental defectives.
That's a WBCN reference for any and all Boston residents and former residents.
And don't listen to Kara about those rules - I got her hooled on this stuff and have yet to see dime one of the dues - un fact, why don't we cut out the middle man and you can just pay me.
Also - does Kara know something about drunk girls on prom night? I had heard she didn't go and spent the weekend smoking huge doob...oops, I've said too much.
Well, anyway, welcome!
PIMF (preview is my friend) - what the hell is "hooled?" I meant hooked and "un" should be "in."
Post a Comment